Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
I
OP Offline
I
Come Friday

Ok, so BIIIIG surprise that Beth locked my thread. She doesn't like me to have much of a voice unless I'm her yes-(wo)man.

You know, it's been an interesting week for me mentally. I've been processing a lot about how much I really wanted to do things 'right' for the kids when it came to telling them about the divorce and such. And I really do think I have done a bang-up job. SO I've been reading a curriculum/program on supporting kids of divorce and a lot of it has been hitting me hard... I guess in a good way, b/c I did do a lot of things right. And that feels good. So I'm finding myself feeling validated and for some odd reason, that brings tears to my eyes.

Anywhoo, to get to the point... Last summer when X moved out, I was very cautious on how to handle to kid split. My girls were going to have to deal with a mom going back to work and parents apart and so I really pushed for X and I to ease into things. Initially, X had the girls for one overnight a week and a couple of days during the week. Then after a month, we eased into 2 overnights a week and didn't get to a true 50-50 split until this January. And although I imagine that must have been like a knife in the gut to X, I really respect that he 'listened' to me on that and didn't fight me as much as he could have.

So looking back, I am able to appreciate how much of a sacrifice he did make for the kids - that had to be hell for him, and to have no guarantee that I would let us get to 50-50... to have to trust the woman he had treated like sh!t to 'do the right thing' once the time was right for the girls... he really did sacrifice for the good of the kids at the time. And so I am able to look back and appreciate... and respect that about him... and to be thankful. And that makes me feel good.

Interestingly enough, we were able to have a conversation at D7's soccer game on Friday about some kid issues that will require some teamwork. And I dunno, but it feels pretty damm good. And I know it's good for the girls to see that. So I'm thankful. And grateful.

BTW, the 'biggest loser' competition is going well on my end... been doing really well w/ eating healthy and cutting out some problem areas and exercising. So, while I look forward to the 1st big weigh-in tomorrow, I am just glad to have the 'excuse'of big money to motivate me as I've been saying recently that this was one area of my life I wasn't feeling fulfilled in and really needed a little motivation as I wasn't doing a good job at self-motivating. I guess ask for what you need, once again!

Have a great weekend, friends, and you too, Elizabeth...

Julie

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
Mango Margarita puleez....oh wait, that wouldn't be nice to drink one in front of you now would it? Hey, that's life kiddo!

Yes, X is a great guy. I'm so glad that you finally recognize that!

Ok, it is a good thing for the kids that you can get along and even hold a conversation on what's best for them. Oh course a Mom & Dad living under the same roof would be best but now I digess. Look, it is good but it happened because of you. Of course he wants it this way. It's to his advantage to keep it friendly.

J YOU'VE always done what's best for the girls. As far as I'm concerned ex is the luckiest one in the whole equasion!

Love,
Bethie

L
L
Hmmm.. I'm feeling a taste for a glass of zinfendel with a shot of Chambord.... yummy!

Julie you have handled this whole process with class and dignity!!! I'm in awe!

Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
I
OP Offline
I
Thanks, bethie... And of course I would be happy to make you a whole PITCHER of mango margs. No worries about drinking in front of me - not like I have a 'problem' ;\)

You're a hoot, missy. Thanks for stopping by. Now go enjoy that mango margs and be nice to the help, it's not like you're paying for it!

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
I
OP Offline
I
Oh stop it, LNF... class and dignity- where were you when I was breezing around the jello tub?? ;\) But thank you. It's been a ride... one I'm finally starting to enjoy A LITTLE.

But... I don't need my roof worked on, yet I'd love to have a hotttt roofer walking around... hmmm...

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
L
L
I was refering to the way you've handled yourself around the ex. Hanging out with the girls is a whole different kind of class!!!

Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
I
OP Offline
I
Lol, LNF, isn't that the TRUTH!!! Bethie has such an uncanny charisma when it comes to getting some of us to act as classless as she is. Amazing, really!!?!

SE?????

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
Joooolie!!!
You "should" be proud of yourself for the way you've handled the mess X handed you. Your girls seem very well adjusted and that's cuz of you, my dear.

OK, since I know the boozing bimbo doesn't share, could I have my own pitcher of margaritas, please??

L
L
Originally Posted By: qoe100

OK, since I know the boozing bimbo doesn't share, could I have my own pitcher of margaritas, please??

HAHAHA... gives a whole new meaning to BB now doesn't it?

Originally Posted By: lost-n-found
Originally Posted By: qoe100

HAHAHA... gives a whole new meaning to BB now doesn't it?

You just mind your business. Get back over on your Peyton Place thread!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard