Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
OP Offline
A
Hey Guys and Gals !

We spend alot of time thinking about what is going on in our PD sitch's around here. Let's get over to the NC's section and do some good by sharing some of the thingys we have gone through.

There are some new threads there that have not received any or many responses.

Just me.

In other news.... there is a moose in the garage and the youngest just brought his laundry downstairs .

That is all.

Tom

N
N
Hi Tom
Good idea. That is what this bb is for. Will do in the evening a bit.

"All I want is a weeks pay for a day's work"
Steve Martin

P
P
Tom,

I have posted over there recently, but my problem with it is that I just don't feel that I can encourage ppl to work on M's that are unhealthy. I know what it's like to live w/ someone who can't stand you, and I just want to say, "Get the heck out!" , which isn't what DB is all about. I have a feeling that a lot of us on this BB feel that way.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. If posters feel they can help, great!

N

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about creating yourself
My thread: Trusting God's Plan
F
fig Offline
F
Maybe we can suggest to the newcomers that instead of stopping there they find the appropriate stomping grounds, per say???

I have tried that

but it is sort of a ghost town over there

I have only recognized a couple of names when I have gone over there...

and

nic

i feel ya

I encourage them to do for themselves instead of saying anything about stayingor going...tellingthem to get healthy themselves will allow them to make a smart choice with what to do with their situation

C
C
I do try in S, dont' go much to NC, will give it a go.

I agree with nic, I see stbx on sooooo many Hs, the way the LBS are being lied to that I just want to say "dont' believe him! let him go!" which is NOT a good thing. Some people do have a horrible time letting go, and the truth is, it is another stage in the heck of separation/As, there is a time of denial that no matter what people are told they are just unable to comprehend.

I also feel a bit foolish, giving advice to people working on their Ms when mine didn't survive, albeit because my H is mentally ill, but nonetheless, I wonder if they think much when I suggest something.

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
T
T
I also encourage new comers to GAL and focus on themselves. I am big on the goal thing so I encourage that too.

Sometimes it just helps to have someone that has been on the boards for a while to even notice you. I know it helped me when I first jumped on.

Ok, Tom - was that post directed at the Canucks? I see half of the responses are from us in the Foreign cold white north - EH??? LOL!

I wanna know about the moose.

Last week I was driving home from the cottage and on the radio they told us to avoid Hwy 117 since a moose kept crossing back and forth and causing chaos. It was funny!

I used to always post to newbies. Now I'm not here too much. But I'll check it out when I get a chance.

Barb

R
R
Funny, there are times when I still feel like a newbie, so I don't think I'm ready, yet.

A
OP Offline
A
Well.. I suppose we are all still "newbies" when it comes to this stuff at any given time or place in time ?!

Hwy 117.. hmmm.. I dont think it was the same moose, eh ? Speaking of Canadian friends.. anyone see or hear from Chaflo or Wisis lately ?

Tom

Originally Posted By: fig
Maybe we can suggest to the newcomers that instead of stopping there they find the appropriate stomping grounds, per say???

I have tried that

but it is sort of a ghost town over there

I have only recognized a couple of names when I have gone over there...

and

nic

i feel ya

I encourage them to do for themselves instead of saying anything about stayingor going...tellingthem to get healthy themselves will allow them to make a smart choice with what to do with their situation

THanks for thinking of the Newcomers. Please encourage them to STAY on Newcomers.....and to stay SOLUTION ORIENTED.

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard