Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
cw68 #1421479 04/20/08 08:16 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Well, I did it!! 10k in 1 hour 10 minutes. Unfortunately it took 10 minutes of walking beyond the starting line before I could actually run. There were 59,000 runners and it made for a slow start!

At least I finished. Cross that one off my "life's to-do list"!

C
C_K Offline
C
Well done MM \:\)

great effort.

As for your W do not get to disheartened . She is probably confused about what she wants and will sway one way and then the other.
Remember to validate her feelings , and then back off , you have been pushing things along and going well. These pull backs are not unusual.

I dont have much advice to offer as I am in a similar sitch and not sure what to do myself. We came quite close a month or so back and are now just drifting further away from each other .

I read on someones post a long time ago ( Success story as well ) where they were in a similar spot and then just took it all away . All the support , even the being best friends .
I will try and find that post , I am not for a minute suggesting this as its got to be risky .

All you can do it focus on yourself for now.

Dave

Me 47
W 44
3 kids
Bomb Dec 06
Seperated July 07

Current Thread

C_K #1421548 04/20/08 09:34 PM
F
F
Mink my man -

Congrats on the 10K, that is awesome. You are the man!

Sorry to hear about the sitch with "W." I know my opinon now differs than almost everyone on this board, but if she gives you the ok to date - do it. Go out there and see for yourself if staying with W is right, or maybe there is someone out there that is far more compatible with the Mink Man and truly "gets" you.

Ever since I let my W loose 100% I feel free. It's great to have my ba**s back!

Fish

C_K #1421551 04/20/08 09:40 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Thanks Dave, I always enjoy your posts.

Taking it all away is interesting, but not in my nature, I think. Although who knows - feelings change every day, hey just look at my wife!

It's easy to back off when things are like this, however.

It was weird yesterday, W asked me if anyone had shown any interest in me, so I told her the story about the girl in Starbucks (on Thursday of last week) asking me to have coffee with her, then when I didn't, giving me her number.

"You should ask her out" she said. "What? Are you serious?" I responded. "Yes, absolutely" she said "if you need my blessing to do it, you have it!".

What the hell do I do with that kind of dialogue? I didn't even have my usual witty response.

Am I being tested? Or is she genuine? Or does she want to feel less guilt about what she has "done to us"?

Questions for another day. My brain hurts!

EDIT: Saw Fish's post when I posted mine. Thanks for the feedback Fish, I take all of it in and process it with all the rest!

Last edited by minkerman; 04/20/08 09:44 PM.
C
C_K Offline
C
mm

I would not know what do do with that sort of comment either. Perhaps you are being tested. Women test us with out even knowing they are doing it , could be that shes throwing that out there quite sincerely but will be disappointed if you go ahead and date ??
The best advice would be be to stay on course with whats right for you.
You will know when its right.

Dave

Me 47
W 44
3 kids
Bomb Dec 06
Seperated July 07

Current Thread

fish #1421575 04/20/08 10:12 PM
A
A
Re: Fish

Quote:
if she gives you the ok to date - do it. Go out there and see for yourself if staying with W is right, or maybe there is someone out there that is far more compatible with the Mink Man and truly "gets" you.

Fish: I take back my statement on your thread regarding what I had thought was the dumbest thing you'd ever said. Your statement above tops even that.

You are the most selfish and juvenile person all across these boards, fish. Hands down. You have no integrity, no wisdom and no sense of the value of family or what it means to temporarily deny yourself in the interest of a greater good. You are immature and ignorant by choice, which is truly pitiful.

I can only hope no one on the board takes you or your "advice" seriously.

Quote:
It's great to have my ba**s back!

That is funny.

There's a thin line between a bad*ss and a dumb*ass, fish.

You've crossed it by leaps and bounds.

Minkerman, choose your "mentors" wisely.

A
A
Originally Posted By: minkerman

It was weird yesterday, W asked me if anyone had shown any interest in me, so I told her the story about the girl in Starbucks (on Thursday of last week) asking me to have coffee with her, then when I didn't, giving me her number.

"You should ask her out" she said. "What? Are you serious?" I responded. "Yes, absolutely" she said "if you need my blessing to do it, you have it!".

What the hell do I do with that kind of dialogue? I didn't even have my usual witty response.

Am I being tested? Or is she genuine? Or does she want to feel less guilt about what she has "done to us"? This is more than likely the case in my opinion, and although it won't be something she is aware of, I'd put money on it being the underlying reason for her statement.

A
A

Minkerman, if it is your heart's desire to save your marriage, your behavior, your integrity and your words have got to remain above reproach.

AmyC #1421586 04/20/08 10:29 PM
C
C_K Offline
C
Originally Posted By: AmyC

Minkerman, if it is your heart's desire to save your marriage, your behavior, your integrity and your words have got to remain above reproach.

I like that , its good advice.. I needed to read that today.

Me 47
W 44
3 kids
Bomb Dec 06
Seperated July 07

Current Thread

C_K #1421655 04/21/08 12:51 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Thanks Amy.

I can't figure this girl out. Two phone calls and one super sweet email from her today.

She called me by one of my old nicknames, and signed the email with one of hers.

I just responded neutrally.

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard