Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
A
ACJ Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hadn't realsied my thread locked as I didn't have time to post yesterday.

Nothing new to say except I saw my L today to set in motion the formal splitting of finances. She puts lots of things into persepctive for me so for now at least I feel better.

Some good news S15 won £50 on some premium bonds. Bad news is that cheque is made payable to H (as it was MIL who bought bonds in the first place) so will have to liaise with him to get the money into S15s bank account. Just sent an email for now.

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
Tia Offline
ACJ,
When it comes to D, its mostly about money. Hoping to hear positive news about the premium bonds, and your splitting of finances. I'm happy for your son.

Keep posting,
/Tia

C
C
good luck hon, I also started today sorting our $$ and house in mediation, H is not happy with my findings, this won't be easy, he wants to come out winning, the mediator already told him there will be no winners, both of us are just scraping by.

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
P
P
Alison,

Well done! I'm so proud of you for taking this step, as I know it must be painful. Still, it sounds like you got some good news, so I hope that helps.

Love,
Nicola

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about creating yourself
My thread: Trusting God's Plan
B
B
Hope things goes well, and that your S15 gets his money. Your L sounds like a good one ... glad you found her!!! \:\)

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
Tia Offline
Note to BeingMe: I like your mantra. Very original! \:\)

Take Care ya' all,
/Tia

A
ACJ Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Quote:
Your L sounds like a good one ... glad you found her

Yes I think she is. At the end of the consult yesterday I told her that if I have to go through D process I will but I did not want her to make me a priority client. She agreed to do that.

I like her b/c she comes across as being empathetic but still remains business like. I also think she could well be a force to reckon with in the right circumstances. I have heard from various sources, all through coincidental convos, that she is V good at what she does. She is also the head of the company unlike Hs L who has moved on to work for another company.

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
E
E
Ali

Well done on making this step - I know it was a big one for you. Glad it made you feel better. In fact, if I remember last time you saw your L you felt reassured. Sometimes the idea of something is worse than it actually can be by this I mean that sometimes going to see the L can actually be a help in sorting things out more in your mind. Also, having done this your H will not be able to nag you about it and that should take the wind out of his sails! :-) Good news about the premium bond win. You're very good - I would have let son sort it out himself. lol

A
ACJ Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Quote:
having done this your H will not be able to nag you about it and that should take the wind out of his sails!

Oh Ellie I wish! He obviously wasn't at work yesterday and hasn't been today. He just came by a few mins ago to pick up S15. When he walked in he said to S15 'is your mother in?' I hate it when he calls me that. I knew straight away he was in a bad mood. He came into the dining room, where I was sitting studying, and said' Just to let you know my L hasn't heard from yours yet'. I simply said 'I sent you an email yesterday'. His reply was 'I'm not interested in getting an email it's my L who wants to know' The look in his eyes was horrible. If we'd just had a blazing row I would've expected it to be there but we hadn't so I can only guess that he had just had one with OW. He stormed out of the room.

I continued to sit at the table and said in the loudest voice I could muster 'Hello Alison, how are you, can I discuss something with you please!' He never said anything else. S15 came and kissed me goodbye and I told him to enjoy himself with his dad (they are only going to the wholesale supermarket!).

I am so angry I am shaking right now.

Quote:
You're very good - I would have let son sort it out himself. lol

If I had he would've spent it by now

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
A
ACJ Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Ok so I dealt with some of that anger in a loving way I've gradually been making H a birthday card over the last few weeks. I've just done a bit more towards it. It's not quite finished but it isn't his birthday until next Thursday so I have a bit more time.

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard