Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1369926 02/27/08 10:12 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Well, at least I know my M is still in one piece, but barely! You guys wouldn't recognize me one bit if you could actually see (or talk) to me right now. You would be thinking "this CANNOT be the same Red we know."

I am so physically & mentally whacked out right now, from allowing myself to become addicted to the pain meds for a bit over 5 months or so, I don't know which end is up anymore.

I went to rehab and thought I was really going to be better, but I'm still on all sorts of anti-depressants, etc. The other day I realized I could barely LITERALLY get out of bed - physically - and couldn't remember the last time I had eaten.

Now, please don't worry about the boys. I always make sure they are taken care of and always - try anyway - to act "as if" nothing is even wrong, but I realized the other morning I was about as bottom as bottom gets!!

Of course, when I first called him & had to tell him I was addicted to pain meds & had to check myself into rehab at first, he was angry, which I understand. He was confused & didn't know how to react or what to think and obviously could do not a darn thing from over there.

I emailed him today and got about the best response that I could ever ask for and so I'm honestly starting to LIVE again. I have felt so unhappy w/ myself and my life (and don't know WHY) for so long & just dealt w/ it by taking drugs pretty much. Now I'm picking myself back up, dusting myself off & trying to figure which way to go again. I sound a lot more optomistic than I truly feel, however, I seriously am FINALLY feeling a bit more like myself, like a human being again, like I just might quit "feeling sorry" for myself one of these days and start living & loving again.

I keep asking myself to remind myself how I felt last year about this time when H was deadset on D'ing me. What is he going to come home to find when he comes home in 2 months for good? I keep telling myself "Red, IC would come kick your A$$ if he could right now. You better get your sh!t straight and soon, girl, and get your home ready for H coming home."

Anyway, that's where "I am at" right now. Thankful I have a H who is standing by me -- especially after what we've gone through last year. Please keep me & my boys (all 4 of them) in your prayers! I need all of them I can get!

Me: 38
H: 35
S4, S5, S10
Bomb 01/07
Wanted D - nothing would change his mind
Numerous A's prior to D bomb; EA prior/during D bomb
Piecing 04/07
Deployed for a year 05/07
Still Piecing 2010
M 11 yrs 05/10
A
A
Hi there. As i'm sure you probably noticed... this place is a ghost town.

I'll just say that I think it's awesome that you can recognize the problem you have and know you have to work to fix it. Also awesome that your H is standing by you though it all...

I'll pray for you for sure... I've read a lot of your older posts and I believe you gave me some advice a while ago. Hang in there and LIVE for yourself and for your wonderful family!

You might look through all the posts here and see if you can find the link to where everyone went - or, email someone that used to be here... they probably added you without you even knowing! \:\)

If i can't fall in love... I'd like to fall in chocolate! ~ Author Unknown

ann
R
OP Offline
R
Oh, well, mostly I was just kind of getting "things" out a little bit. This always helps -- just to vent a little, get things out on paper and acknowledge things that I'm thinking/feeling, etc. helps me a lot.

S4, S5, S10
Bomb 01/07
Piecing 04/07
Still Piecing 2010
M 11 yrs 05/10
S
S
Hey Red,

Glad to see you are getting on and sorting all that drug stuff out. You are one gutsy lady.

Saffie
me 46
H 46
M in 1986
D20,D18,S16,D13
H's A 01/05 to 07/06
H recommitted to M 07/06
renewed vows 09/06
Going from strength to strength
S
S
One day at a time, Red. Take it easy.

"Now some kind of man, he can't do anything wrong. If I see him I'll tell him you're waiting." ---Lowell George
P
P
(looks around) . . . Oh, sorry. I saw the title of the thread, and I thought it was about stdbotox.

Carry on.

- Puppy

C
C
how's my fav red head?

aka Cat03 wearomg a disguise just in case

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
R
OP Offline
R
Hey girl :). Not much to report. Doing well as far as the rehab goes, etc. H comes home for good May 1 and I'm just waiting for that right now, trying not to go insane. Actually we're all doing well, considering. How are things w/ you. I'll go see if I can find your thread if you have one.

S4, S5, S10
Bomb 01/07
Piecing 04/07
Still Piecing 2010
M 11 yrs 05/10
D
D
Hey Red...

just me H

And if I claim to be a wise man, well
It surely means that I don't know
R
OP Offline
R
Hey, all -- don't make it over here much anymore. Hope everyone is doing ok.

S4, S5, S10
Bomb 01/07
Piecing 04/07
Still Piecing 2010
M 11 yrs 05/10

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard