Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#1363564 02/21/08 06:59 AM
A
OP Offline
A
Last thread locked.

Still no word on OM's parole. Those other inmates I have been tracking and who were up for parole around the same time as he was (Nov 07) have all been paroled pending a central office review. All three did no less than 15 and no more than 22 years for the same crime. It's strange he is the only one left that has not been rendered a decision one way or the other. Maybe very soon.

I went to my S7's school play tonight before coming to work. He did very well. The stbx was there snapping pictures when I walked into the auditorium. I didn't sit by her because I was late and the seats around her were taken. I sat a few isles behind her. I have not seen her in a few weeks and I was taken back by her dramatic weight gain. I've never seen her that heavy as long as I've known her. She's had to at least put on 20, maybe 25 pounds just in the last year. Her face was bloated and her eyes were a little bloodshot. She doesn't seem to be taking care of her health. This is not like her at all. I'm kind of worried about what is going on with her, but I won't dare ask and she won't volunteer anything. I have a feeling she is somewhat depressed. Maybe the uncertainty over the OM's parole is bothering her, I can only guess. When she first started seeing him before I knew about it, she was going to the gym religiously and really looked hot. She was always in a pretty good mood to. It seems like she has totally gone in the opposite direction since then.

They had cookies, cake, and bug juice for the kids in their classroom after the play. My S7 asked me if he could come home with me and I would give him a ride to school tomorrow. I explained to him I had to work tonight and couldn't do that. He seemed very disappointed and I noticed the stbx was a little taken back by his disappointment. She took him by the arm leading him away from me and whispered something in his ear, but I don't know what it was she said. He's been very clingy to me recently and wants to come over on the weekends he is suppose to be with his mother. I wouldn't mind, but I'm sure she would. He's a boy and he's getting older, he wants to do guy things with his Dad. He told me over the phone last week that Mom wouldn't have burping contest with him and she gets mad at him.. lol. I asked him how far in the alphabet she could get in her burping voice and my S said she couldn't get past the letter "A". I told him there were just certain things we guys find entertaining and are good at that girls don't like. He agreed to let her slide on that in the future.. lol

Anyway, I'm doing great. I had a nice dinner date Saturday and we had fun dancing afterward at a downtown night club. I had a surprise phone call Sunday from a Woman I dated a few months back. I don't know if I told you, but at our last date, she told me she would rather wait until my D is final before dating me again. She told me to call her when my D was final. Of course, I honored and respected her request and didn't call. Now, she was upset and asked me why I never called her over the past couple of months... LOL. I reminded her of her request and she told me I was close enough to a final D and she wanted me to join her and some friends for her birthday celebration in two weeks. I agreed and assured her I was only honoring her request and didn't mean to give her the impression I was ignoring her. We did seem to click on the few dates we went on, but she was really hung up on the legal matters of my D.

As the world turns, my D gets closer and a new world is opening up to me. It feels very much like the transition from winter to spring. Your bitting at the bit to get out more often and enjoy the nice weather after the long cold depressing winter. The warmth and reawakening of life feels good to the soul!

Last edited by Astimegoeson; 02/21/08 07:03 AM.

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare."
-Mark Twain
F
fig Offline
F
Hey...I'm a girl and I can burp pretty far into the alphabet if I drink a coke beforehand!!!!!

just sayin!!!!!

L
L
Quote:
He told me over the phone last week that Mom wouldn't have burping contest with him and she gets mad at him.. lol. I asked him how far in the alphabet she could get in her burping voice and my S said she couldn't get past the letter "A". I told him there were just certain things we guys find entertaining and are good at that girls don't like. He agreed to let her slide on that in the future.. lol

sigh, that is adorable. You are a good dad.
I don't do the burp thing, and neither does the X, but they have my brother.

I hope you get some info on the parole stuff, ( i hate it)

I can imagine how you feel about it. It seems to be the common theme, with these WAS's. They leave us, and then they look awful. It makes me feel bad in a way too.

Their choice.

You sound good, and Gooooooo Tom, shaking your rump shaker, at the club.

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
A
OP Offline
A

Fig, my apologies. I didn't mean to belittle your burping abilities. I'm sure you can belch with the best of em!

Thanks Lissie for the Dad compliment. I try to be involved as much as possible under the circumstances.

Hey, there is actually a night club here called "the worst bar in Columbus", but the title is nothing like the reality. It's a fun place to go. They have Salsa night every Friday, but I need some help with my salsing, so I just observe if I'm there on a Friday night. Could sure use a friend that could teach me how to dance like that. It's very sexy!

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare."
-Mark Twain
A
OP Offline
A
I had a strange phone call yesterday evening before coming to work. My ex #1 called me on the phone crying that her boyfriend broke up with her and telling me she needs me to be a friend now. Of course, I've always been her friend.

This isn't normal coming from her. She's not the type to get attached to a Man. She goes through a bf until she gets bored with him, then dumps him. She's not use to being dumped herself. I don't know what to make of this development. I actually never meet the guy, but my oldest S said he was a good Man, very religious, didn't drink, smoke, cuss. Not exactly my ex #1's type, but he seemed like he was good to her and my S15. He gave her the ol "I don't feel that in love feeling, but I like you as a friend." speech. When she told me that, I choked back my desire to snicker knowing it really hurt her. Apparently, this line isn't only from the MLC/WAS handbook. I told her at least he had the honesty and decency to express that to her this early in their relationship. I told her it would have hurt a lot more years down the road.

I asked her why all this time we have been divorced (13 years) she never had a relationship last longer than a couple of months. She's had many Men pursue her. She told me nobody ever understood her like I did and that is what made her so attracted to me. She said if she could find that, she might settle down again. I asked her if she found it in this latest bf who broke up with her. She said she thought it was getting to that point with this one, but he didn't give it a chance. I told her I never felt even when we were married that she was the type to settle down. We both sort of laughed at that one, but we were both way to young when we married, so there were many factors working against us.

I told her she's always welcome to come with me and S15 to dinner or a movie anytime she wants. She said that would be nice and she may take me up on the offer. She always invites me over for dinner and drinks once in a while even when she does have a bf.

Oh well, another episode of "days of our wives" soap opra.

-Mark Twain
L
L
Quote:
They have Salsa night every Friday, but I need some help with my salsing, so I just observe if I'm there on a Friday night. Could sure use a friend that could teach me how to dance like that. It's very sexy!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
L
L
Tom, that is soo sweet of your X to reach out to you like that.

I'm glad she has you talk to. Poor girl, you raised the bar so high for the other men out there.

Now they are all crappy.

Niiiiiiiiiiiice

Last edited by Lissie; 02/22/08 02:00 PM.

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks for the compliment Lissie, but her bar was already raised to the stratosphere when I married her. I think she was a little disappointed when she found out I was a mere mortal.

She's a very warm harted and personable Woman, but very very very picky when it comes to affairs of the hart. I doubt she will ever find a Man that she feels is suitable in that department. I think she intimidates most of them and I think that may have been the case with this last one, but that's just a guess. Her occupation is her first real love. She'll survive, she's very independent. We were much better off as friends than lovers.

-Mark Twain
A
OP Offline
A
Hello all!

Not much to report on the stbx. I'm still waiting to hear from her lawyer on my counter proposal. For something that we "supposedly" agree on, this process sure takes a long time. Maybe she slipped something in there on me, but I don't get any indications from her that is the case. I'm wanting this to move forward. It's not as though I have not already been living as a single person for over 2 years, but I would sure like the legal closure.

We seem to be talking with each other as two people who have never been emotionally/physically involved, but have the kind of repour and connection that fosters that type relationship. It's a weird feeling. Kind of like a deja vu experience. Whatever it is, it's a lot healthier relationship then where it was last year at this time and it really helps with co-parenting.

Anyway, I have a date this Saturday with a new OW. She loves horses and is a trainer. She shows them all over the Country as well. I don't know anything about horses, but we have other things in common. She's very down to earth and easy to talk to. I have to sit through a chick flick before we go to dinner, but she said if I would take her to see it, she would sit through Rambo with me another time. How cool is that? The movie she wants to see is called "20 dresses" or something like that.

Hope everyone is doing OK.

-Mark Twain
F
fig Offline
F
not OW

how about new person or new date

i get the cringeys when you say OW

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard