Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
Since this is a relationship forum I just had to share the creative Valentine my daughter received. She's in high school. Her favorite T.V. Show is "Pushing Daisies," and one of her friends left a pot of daisies with a creatively designed card showing a print out of dasies and the words "Pushing Daisies" on the front porch this morning. I always love this type of creative stuff. \:\)

By the way, I noticed Target has a line of "Love Stinks" stuff. One was a hysterical cup that looked all romantic and had words that said something like "You Make me Feel..." and over the nice romantic stuff was written in something like "Miserable." I forgot the exact wording, but it was really funny. They also had some really funny Love Stinks cards. I should probably tip off the folks on infidelity about this!

There is no arriving, ever. It is all a continual becoming.
C
C
lol, will check it out tomorrow, when all that stuff is half off :P

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
C
C
can this stupid holiday be over already???????argh!!!!!!

I'm feeling up and down, need a good laugh, so , just in time my cousin sent me this poem:

He didn't like the casserole,
And he didn't like my cake.
He said my biscuits were too hard...
Not like his mother used to make.
I didn't perk the coffee right,
He didn't like the stew.
I didn't mend his socks,
The way his mother used to do.
I pondered for an answer,
I was looking for a clue.
Then I turned around and smacked the [censored] out of him...
Like his mother used to do

There, have Vday to all,lol

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
R
OP Offline
R
Oh gosh Cat just do something special for the kids. The other night I was at a party and met this couple who were talking about marriage. I asked them if they were going to have kids and they told me no. The guy said that he was too selfish and didn't want children getting in the way of his marriage and taking his wife's attention away from him. She agreed!

I think with an attitude like that they really should never have kids, but I think they are missing something in their logic. A spouse can always divorce you, but children are your family for life.

There is love out there besides our spouses.
Hey, I'm sending some hearts your way! ;\)

N
N
Happy Valentines Day, Root.

Me: 49
WAW: 47
S11, S7
Years Married/Together: 17/18
Bomb: 6/15/07
Separation: 7/6/07
D: 4/3/09

Real love is a decision.
Marriage is a commitment.
S
S
Well, my H told me that I always give him sappy cards about this or that and then we end up fighting a few days later and he doesn't know what to think. So this year I said screw it and I got him a card that read "Happy Valentines day" and you open it up and it says "To my Stinking Valentine" and it has a picture of monkey taking a dump on the toilet.

Baaaaa Haaaaaaaa Waaaaaaa

He got a kick out of it and I got a kiss on the cheek for hte first time in about 4 weeks.

When life gives you lemons, trade them for limes and break out the tequila!!-- Soxfan2007

7/1/05 Bomb
7/20/05 H moves out
2.5 years of Rollercoaster
10/30/07 H moves back home
C
C
LMAO sox!!! you just made me smile, I'm about to scream, feeling crappy (didnt help that I paid teh cc H was using and had more than he said he put there, grrrrrr!!)

Thanks root, I'll do something w/the kids, just dont' know what, we already went to eat last night, oh well, soemthing will come up

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
R
OP Offline
R
Hee hee!!!! that is too funny Sox!!!! I love it...

I have a hard time giving my H sappy cards. It's not that I don't have those feelings at times, but sometimes it doesn't feel quite right. This year I got him one that says "Happy V.D., honey! There aren't many husbands who have all the wonderful attributes you do." It shows an illustration of a guy and points to different parts of his body; "keen intelligence," "winning smile," "warm heart," "cute butt," and then you open it up and inside it says, "terrific wife."

Hummmm, Cat.... ideas for tonight.... you could make it movie night. Go out and buy some great new release, popcorn, soda, pizza, etc....

Or maybe bowling? If the weather is nice miniature golf? What about laser tag at one of those kid's places??? And mom plays too! Have someone take a photo of you and the kids. Wear goofy heart necklaces or heart crowns and frame the photo on your fridge!!!! Make it very special.... Now it the time to pull away from your personal life and create special memories for your kids so they will always have a strong connection to you. Children of separation and divorce tend to lose this over time. Don't let that happen and don't let life pass you all by...

Blues, Happy V Day to you too! Ooooh A big kiss on the cheek for you!!!!

C
C
thanks root, i came home with those ideas in mind, my friend/sitter took my son out on errands with her husband and kids and they had dinner, my cell was at home and due to a misunderstanding i waited 2hrs for nothing, ended up all upset, not even getting ice cream, got my son too late to do anything, cried and overall felt like crap, h never called which made me even madder. at 10+ I was taking a shower and soemone called but didnt' leave a msg, dont know if it was him, anyways, the day sucked, so glad it is over \:\( at least the kids got treats and had a good time.

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
R
OP Offline
R
Why be mad at your H for not calling? Why are you even expecting him to?

Don't worry about V. Day. Just try to plan some activities for the weekend and look for interesting ways to stay busy.

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard