Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Well it's 2008,and us members that were born in 1958 hit the half century mark.I feel good,not old at all.I may not have the stamia of a 20 year old.But,I dont get any complaints.

I moved to north Carolina.Things were good,then the houses market died,and so did work.So I'm back in NY.

I am curently seeing a woman from up north.Can you say EH?I've been chatting and e mailing since 2001.She came to NY last May.We were going to meet,but I stood her up.I went and met a pretty blonde instead(thinking with the wrong head again).She turned out to be a Jerry Springer canidate.But when my hockey didn't fare as well as hers.I lost a bet n had to go up to meet her.Things have been going great ever since.If she plays her cards right,she may just make a house husband out of me.
I just had an entropian repair done to my left eye.The eye is sewn shut right now.So I cant drive or work or even bowl for that matte old.
I'm beginning to feel the effects of empty nest syndrum.29 year old son get a job in Cali.24 years met a girl on line and moved to ohio.She has 2 little girls.hey,does that make me a gramp pa?My 18 year old daughter moved in with her boyfriend.He's scared of me.(I showed him a picture of wonder womans tool)He he.I let my 14 year old daughter move in with her mom.I figured it would be good for her to have a mom after being raised by me for the last 9 years or so. All thats left is AJ.He cant seem to decide which bed room to call his own.
I think I'll rent 1 or 2 of them out.Any body know of any university aged girls that want to rent a room in NY?I'll exchange rent for ah
ah house keeping.Yeah thats it house keeping.

Hope you(s) are all doing well.

Thrive/dont just survive Think good thoughts Hug your kids peace
Hi Lucky!
I was feeling great, until the AARP invited me to join! LOL

Let me guess, you met the blond at the 7-11 on the way to the date with the northern gal. LOL Sounds like you've met a nice lady on the net. Ya never know about those internet people... sometimes they turn out to be keepers...

Don't tell me that the middle school girl that was giving you all those gray hairs a few years ago is now 18! Wow. Don't be too quick in renting out rooms. Ever heard of boomerrang kids? Trust me, they move back in when you least expect it! LOL

Truth is I'm kinda having an MLC of sorts. But it's not too bad of a MLC. LOL I made an unexpected windfall with a particular stock in 2007 and in true MLC fashion said what the the heck, let me just be live it up with the profits. My MLC rationale was that afterall, you only live once, don't get any younger and I really didn't want to be responsible with it, reinvest it or get a boring annuity or something like that. So I'm blowing it on a big celebration of the big 50. I'm taking my mom, son and his wife, daughter and Clark to Italy/Europe on my dime. I'll admit its a little nutty especially with the way the dollar is doing right now against the euro, but the way I figure it, it's still cheaper than getting red convertible vet, some plastic surgery and a cabana boy half my age. LOL

So we are all going for two weeks this summer to celebrate my 50. We're flying into Venice, doing northern Italy for a week, Florence, Tuscany and the lake region, then going to Genoa and catching a Med cruise that goes from Genoa, Naples, Sicily, Tunis, Palma de Mallorca, Barcelona, Marseille. From there we take the fast train to Paris where we spend the last night then fly back home. Can't wait!

Nice to hear from you. Can you believe it's been 8 years since we all went through the craziness together? Haven't really seen any others from our old 58 group here. I guess it's been so long we all moved on beyond the board. Time flies when you are having fun. LOL Take care.

MC

Lucky and MC -
Well, I'm not quite part of the group yet

MC - as usual, I wanna be like you when I grow up. That's my kind of MLC girl!!!! How fun, I bet your family is just as excited.

Take Care!

HEY YOU GUYS - I can't believe it, I haven't been here in MONTHS, for some reason I felt compelled to check in and look who's talking about my tool! Lucky, you can borrow it anytime.

It is so good to hear from you - I do think of us (the orig. group) so often. Honestly, you guys are a very important part of my life. 8 years, huh?! Maybe we should have a reunion in 2 years.

MC - well, how the heck are you? Guess I don't have to ask that - love the way you are acting out for your MLC.

Me, I feel great. Like the rest of you I can't believe I turn the big 5-OH this year. I guess when I asked my 10-year old grandson, "do you think I'm old?" I should have expected the response - "well, kinda." Talk about deflating my bubble.

I'm celebrating my 50th with RETIREMENT. Haven't quite figured out what I'll do to celebrate, but it needs to be significant.
October 8, 2008 - my 25th wedding anniversary
October 10, 2008 - retire
October 12, 2008 - 50th birthday
So, suggestions welcome.

I talk with Polly (Marcy) almost every day. She just might be the first in our '58 club to hit the mark (April). She's holding her own, her ex still owes her quite a bit of money and he's still with the OW. Polly is dating quite a bit, but nothing serious as she cares for her elderly, ill parents in her house. Who else was there?

Love to you all!
Wonder Woman

Hey Lucky............Frosty, WW, MC........everyone sounds great. I just became a Grandma.......and a sexy one at that so I've been told, Lucky, so I guess things are going well for me too lol.

Keep in touch everyone, it's great hearing from all of you....we need to get together again.

Love to you all,
Friend

I think we need another FL party. Let me know.
Great to see you guys on line.

"Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good."
Hopeful
Yes, yes, yes Hopeful...........that would be great!!! it's been way to long.

hi Frosty, WW, Hopeful, friend,
Nice seeing you guys here!
Gee Lucky, WW I can't believe it's been 8 yrs since the crazy times and that now we're hitting the 5-0
Hopeful, I'm game for another FL party \:\)

LW: Nursemom and Hopeful are coming to visit me at Disney on Sat Feb . Any chance you and Clark might be able to come?

I might visit my cousin for lunch in Sarasota some time in the next 2 weeks. Might that work?

I'm so lucky to be coming to Florida for a month. Just 3 more sleeps!

Barb

Hi Barb,
I'd love to get together! However, going to Orlando may be complicated. This is the last weekend before Super Tuesday and I already am committed to making phone calls for a campaign that I'm supporting. BUT I'd love to get together when you come to Sarasota. Email me at mgeb2000 at earthlink dot net

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard