Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
neli Offline OP
OP Offline
N
WOW... It seems like a lifetime since I have posted last. H and I have a court date in June of 2008. So until then he has a chance of proving that he really should have joint physical custody. Well, he is failing at that completely.

On a more positive note life is better then ever. Kids and I just came back from Disney. We were there 8 days with my MIL and her husband. My best friend also went with her family. This was our first time to Disney. It was a mad house. The Magic Kingdom was closed by noon each day. We spent Christmas day having lunch at the Cinderella Castle and both of the kids had a makeover at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. My daughter had the Castle Package and my son had the cool dude hair do. They both looked so awesome. My daughters pics were way awesome.
We truly had a magical vacation.

The last day in FL we went to the beach and had dinner with MIL's parents. Her dad asked if I was D' and I told him there was a custody dispute so we have a court date, he wished me luck. They were all so happy to see us.

Now we are back to the midwest snow. brrr.

Almost a year since I have filed and 16 months since separation, stbx is still in a sad place. He would like to convince everyone that he is happy and has happily moved on in his new R (almost a year for them now). The reality is that he still sends angry emails to his mom at times, and blames her for choosing my side. In reality she has not choosen a side she just hasn't taken his side. I am working on me. Working on going through life and not allowing the experiences from my marriage still affect me. It is hard, but it is work in progress.

I am working on catching up with everyone.

Keep on going. Good life does come to those who take a higher road.

Neli

Both: 33
Together 13y; Married 8y
Kids: DD8 and DS5
Separated: 08/31/06
D Filed: 2/21/07

my current story
Happy New Year Neli!

Nice to hear from you. Your vacation sounded wonderful and so do your In-Laws.

You really do sound as if your life is going well and that you have it altogether. I'm happy for you. Hopefully the custody hearing will work out for the best.

Here's to 2008 being a very good year!

Love,
Bethie

I
I
Hi Neli!!!

Glad to see your friendly face around here! Been thinking of ya, girl!

Sounds like things are going really well considering. Take care of you. Everything will work out for the best. Your kids are so lucky to have you!!!

Take care, sweetie! Best of 2008 to ya!

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
N
N
My kids nickname is neli. Anyway the grass is greener over the septic tank. It it's on the other side of the fence then oh well.
With that Happy new year.

"All I want is a weeks pay for a day's work"
Steve Martin

Happy New Year Neli!

Will have to get caught up after the new year but as always, you sound good!

I've got this feeling 2008 is gonna be (listen for the Tony the Tiger imitation...)

GGGGGRRRRRRREEEEEEAAAAAATTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
T
T
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hi neli!!

Great seeing you around again. You sound like you're doing terrificly! No surprise. Your Disney vacation sounds like it was a blast. What memories you are making with and for your kids.

I think it's good to let your experiences from your M affect you as you go through life. There is so much to be gained from them and they aren't gonna go away. We can use them to our advantage.

Hope you're having a great weekend and staying warm over there.

Peace and love, f21

Me: 37
M: 14 yrs
Separated 10/06; Filed for D 12/07
Life is good.
B
B
Neli! So glad to see you back! It does seem lime forever since we've heard from you. Sounds like your Disney vacation was amazing. I am sure the kids will remember it forever. You are an awesome mom!

Sorry you have to go through the custody drama still. I was fortunate in that we never had to go to court over it. We ended up with the basic arrangement we have now and worked it out through our attorneys. We have joint legal and I have primary physical. We did have a guardian ad litem involved and we had a settlement conference and that is where everything was settled. I think the guardian had decided that what we had was working so why screw with it. Hopefully you will have the same result!

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." Jon Kabat-Zinn

Suzy
M: 6/22/85; D: 1/31/08
P
P
Hello Neli,

I was thinking of you and decided to come here to see if you have an update on you. Sure enough I found it and I'm so glad that you are as always doing so well. I have always admired the way you handle your situation and I learn from it as well. Thank you!

Hope to see you update soon!

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard