Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
F
F
Merry Christmas to you and yours, Joe!

Sounds like you did quite well! A Wii (sp?) huh? Sounds like lotsa fun. Any snow in your parts. We found none in NJ, and a tad in Penn. \:\)

I like how S15 checked in with you the way he did. I'll remember your patience for when my R with S8 hits the adolescent storm. Sounds like yours is starting to resurface.

The D impact on the kids will present itself in many ways. On the drive to see snow, Celeste's youngest was making up songs, and one was about how her Mom broke up with her Dad. At another point, we were in line for a snow lift, and someone commented to me and Celeste's youngest D about how cute my daughter was. Her D looked up at me with some expectation and hesitation when I met her eyes, but I merely hugged her to me and said "thank you. Isn't she?" to the woman. No need for explanations at that point. But it is more complex than it needs to be for their little hearts and minds. Still, we do the best we can, and leave the rest to God.

Happy New Year, my friend.

FL

God heals the broken-hearted (Psalm 147:3)

Me: 44
W: 40
Separated 8/2011

S12
SD14
SS12
SD10
G
G
Quote:
Is there any reason to believe that someone would "have it out for him?"

Nah. He is one of the nicest people I know. But, sometimes people do things for no apparent reason. I was driving down the road when a youngster with a sling shot hit the back window of my SUV with a rock and it shattered. I slammed on the brakes and chased the kid to his house. His mother said it couldn't have been her son, even though he had the sling shot in his pocket....it was his "friend" who was with him. I really couldn't prove which one did it but after lengthy discussions each boy paid one-half of my insurance deductible to replace it.

K
kml Offline
K
Glenda -
may be simple physics. This happened to one of our cars once - just driving down an empty street in sunny So. Cal. The repair shop said it just happens sometimes. Too much strain on the glass or something, I guess.

Ellie

Quote:

Nah. He is one of the nicest people I know. But, sometimes people do things for no apparent reason. I was driving down the road when a youngster with a sling shot hit the back window of my SUV with a rock and it shattered. I slammed on the brakes and chased the kid to his house. His mother said it couldn't have been her son, even though he had the sling shot in his pocket....it was his "friend" who was with him. I really couldn't prove which one did it but after lengthy discussions each boy paid one-half of my insurance deductible to replace it.

HAHA the dragon lady strikes again. Good for you. You stood up for yourself and solved your problem. I probably would have been too big a chicken and paid the deductable myself. What's right is right. You done good!

M
M
Even Mets fans deserve best wishes for the New Year!

Peace be with you,

Keep on fighting the good fight.

Merrick
L
L
Oh please.... say it 'aint so Joe.... a Mets fan? Really????

Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
Happy New Year Joe!!!! \:\)

Wishing you the greatest!

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
K
koshka Offline OP
OP Offline
K
It's true. I try not to brag; I try to be humble about it, but, yes, I am one of those exceptionally intelligent persons, known for our warm charm and remarkably good taste, who cheer on the Mets, year in and year out.

I know, I know. It seems too good to be true, but I assure you I am a real man, a mortal just like fans of lesser teams. Several DBers have met me, here and in other cities, over the last few years and can vouch for my real-world existence.

Happy New Year!

Joe

My sitch
More importantly, Light A Million Candles
L
L
Originally Posted By: koshka
It's true. I try not to brag; I try to be humble about it, but, yes, I am one of those exceptionally intelligent persons, known for our warm charm and remarkably good taste, who cheer on the Mets, year in and year out.

I know, I know. It seems too good to be true, but I assure you I am a real man, a mortal just like fans of lesser teams. Several DBers have met me, here and in other cities, over the last few years and can vouch for my real-world existence.

Happy New Year!

Joe

Ha!

I'm a CARDINAL fan, thru and thru.... right down to the red hair

Does this mean we can only be friends in the off-season?

Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
K
koshka Offline OP
OP Offline
K
L-N-F,

Do you remember the pennant races of the middle to late 1980s? Those were the days of classic September series, Sutter and Gooden, Ozzy and Strawberry, Whitey and Davey. The Mets went crazy on bad free agent decisions when Gooden got caught up in the cocaine and Strawberry left for LA, and I found myself rooting for the Braves against the Pirates in the postseason for a long time.

The Mets had a bit of a rivalry going with Atlanta on and off during the Braves dynasty, but they really didn't match up as evenly as those two teams did back in the old NL East. I will always think of those pennant races when I think of baseball. All through the 1990s the road to the NL pennant ran through Atlanta, and it wasn't often enough that the Mets had the personnel to make a run at it.

My old supervisor used to say that football is like war and baseball is like life. In football, you win 10 of 16 battles, then win the last two or three. In baseball, you play day in and day out for months, and even in the end you have to win best of seven, not best for 30 to 45 minutes of actual play time.

That said, I have to admit I wasn't happy with the NLCS last year (2006). \:\(

Happy New Year!

My sitch
More importantly, Light A Million Candles
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard