Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1276046 11/27/07 04:28 AM
3K451 Offline OP
OP Offline
Yup. I've been AWOL! I just don't feel the need to be around here much. But I've heard from a few folks on the board now and again so I thought I'd pop in.

Not a whole lot to update about my life...it's soooooooooo boring but incredibly busy.

D's still in my life despite a 140-mile round trip back and forth when we're together. We've had some ups and downs but I'm finding this R so much easier than my M despite the logistics. We communicate well and I couldn't be happier for that. I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for a gang at his place and then we drove north to see my kids the day after. I had a blast cooking!! Did a 20 pound turkey and all the trimmings.

We both are still unsure if we ever want to live with someone else again LOL... but we are still pulling this off and live it day by day.

I have given up contracting and working for myself...I got a great offer from a software firm here that I accepted and start a week from today. I'm psyched. A lot of you may or may not know that I had been self-employed for a very long time and picking up contracts...I had two in Columbus that forced me to move here because I was commuting so much from the Dayton/Cinci area. All I can say is I'm thrilled not to have to be doing the constant handshaking, marketing, and contract signing over and over and over again just to keep income coming in!! The plan is right now for me to remain here in Columbus. But there is a chance, slight for now, that this company opens an office near WPAFB where I had been living previously. Their company does sell to the military so, there is a remote chance.

My kids are doing incredibly well. One will graduate in May with a bachelor in fine arts, another graduates the same month with her PhD in family communications. Another graduates in May 2009 with a BS in psychology and addictions studies. The hardest thing ever in my life is having them so far away. For me, I'm psyched when we do get together.

Me...I'm just so happy to have a week off from work. (I ended my contract immediately when I got the job offer just so I could have some "me" time LOL.)

Nearly six years out post-bomb and separation, almost five that the D was final. I never would've thought life could be this good again. No drama, no bs, just nice. Peaceful. Boring. I like it this way!!!

Last edited by keyzblew; 11/27/07 04:29 AM.
3K451 #1276126 11/27/07 09:12 AM
Oh Keyzblew, good to hear your update and so hapy that things are going well for you. Did any of us oldtimers ever really think life would get better back then we just kept going through the motions,one foot in front of the other and a few falls on the way.
Congratulations. Hope life continues to be "dull and drama free"

naej #1276130 11/27/07 10:43 AM
Keyz,
I'm so happy for you but don't even think your life can be more boring than mine!!!

Glad to hear the girls are all doing well and are on their way to successful careers!!! You did good, Mom!!!

Congrats on the new job and let us know how you like it.

3K451 #1277334 11/28/07 04:02 AM
M
M
Just wanted to say, "Hi," to one of my first early visitors when I was a Newcomer four long years ago. Glad to hear things are going well. Have a great Christmas!

Keep on fighting the good fight.

Merrick
merrick #1278174 11/28/07 10:01 PM
3K451 Offline OP
OP Offline
OMG...Naej!!! How are you? I haven't seen you around here in so very very long. You'll need to update us with how things are going with your little house and kids.

Jill \:\) I read your posts from time to time. You are still cracking me up. I suppose winter's hit up there already. It's trying to hit us here in Ohio, but not successful yet. Just wet and ugly out here, no snow.

Merrick...I didn't realize you were around these parts any more either. Update!! Please?

I'm getting bored LOL...half way through a week off and I don't know what to do with myself. Paid my bills, watched flicks, had the car services. Ah....the life of leisure. Dinner with mom and my sister tomorrow night.

I just wanted to pop in and see how everyone was doing. I can't read the mid life crisis forum any more...for some reason, seeing anyone "standing" for an M that is as troubled as mine was smacks me right between the eyes of why I decided to be happy now and realize this divorce was my best decision. I just couldn't hang my hat or happiness on a relationship that clearly went totally dysfunctional and with someone who was a total dufus in my book. I reckon a lot of Ms can be salvaged, mine couldn't. Last I heard my ex was somewhere in southern Ohio flapping in the wind sans bimbo but trying desparately to find any warm body he could lay his hands on. Bleh!!

Still...if anyone out there is thinking if their life can be normal, sane, happy, and relatively problem-free after a D, the answer is a resounding YES. Life is what you decide to make it. I think even if I didn't have this R in my life, my life would be quite good.

3K451 #1278217 11/28/07 10:42 PM
Hey keyz,

Your absolutely right.............no one in my life right now, and I'm fine...in fact, right now I perfer it that way. My new little Grandson is the man in my life right now and I couldn't be happier.

It's great hearing from you. I know what you mean about the mid life crisis thread, I'm so over that, right now my only help would be to tell someone to move on and in the long run your going to be better off. I some how don't think they would believe it and it might not be to welcomed. lol If you know what I mean.

Hey, stay happy Keyz, enjoy the Holidays and keep us posted. I missed hearing from you. Don't post as much either but I'm always lurking.

3K451 #1278218 11/28/07 10:43 PM
Originally Posted By: keyzblew
Still...if anyone out there is thinking if their life can be normal, sane, happy, and relatively problem-free after a D, the answer is a resounding YES. Life is what you decide to make it. I think even if I didn't have this R in my life, my life would be quite good.

Keyz, I get so depressed when I occasionally read the MLC forum. Like you, I never would've believed that my life could be so wonderful and it was wonderful even before my R with MG.

Hope you miss out on the snow. It's been really cold and windy here and the snow is sticking!!!

Nice to hear from you and glad you find my boredom so darned funny!!!!

qoe100 #1279863 11/30/07 06:22 AM
3K451 Offline OP
OP Offline
Well well well Friend...I did not realize you had a grandchild until now. Bad me!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't really been keeping up around here. Congratulations. I'm sure he's a sweetheart.

Jill, I read about your renter backing out. After putting the utilities in her name? I got a word for that: dufus!!!! Hopefully you'll have the house sold or rented. The housing market does look a bit bleak but what I don't "get" is they are still building this huge suburban homes down here. WTH???? I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you.

We're gonna miss the snow again na na na na na. Just rain...they did predict snow earlier, but it's still too warm. Still feels cold to me LOL...we were having 80 deg temps through October.

Right now...I'm living right dab smack in the middle of buckeye country. I think most anyone who lives in Columbus is a nut!!! Now, I like college football. But c'mon...is it THE only entertainment there is in this world? I nearly got killed for wearing a PennState shirt earlier this month. Too bad. That's where my D teaches. I couldn't help it. The uniform down here of scarlet, grey, and the nasty ugly buckeye necklaces is um...ugly!!! Even funnier...my second D goes to U of Toledo. They too wear gold and blue LOL...I got jumped for being a Michigan fan (which I am) simply because I wore a UT Rocket sweatshirt another day LOL....

Oh the simple things I do to amuse myself sometimes...yup. Life is good!

3K451 #1282109 12/02/07 04:04 PM
yes Keyz, and he's beautiful, he's the new man in my life and at this time the only one I want, lol. What happens in the future I have no idea..............and am fine with that.

Stay in touch, I hope life continues to be good to you.

Love, Friend

FRIEND #1282495 12/03/07 12:49 AM
B
B
I think its cool that you guys who have been a part of this board come back from time to time. I get a snapshot of what life might look like in 2 or 3 years. I have been on here for a year and a half or so. I have grown a lot as a person, but I have a ways to go in other areas. I am starting to find peace in myself, something I thought was impossible a while back, but it still gets hard sometimes. Raising 2 little ones on your own is hard, especally if you are a man who works 60+ hours a week. One thing I have learned through this experience is what kind of inner strength I have. I am amazed at how I was able to overcome so much, personally and professionally. I have learned that life can and will throw you some mean licks, like Rocky Balboa said in his last flick "Its not how hard you hit, its how hard you get hit" LOL Sorry, couldn't miss that one! I do know that I am not ready to let anyone get close to me right now, I guess that will be the toughest thing to overcome, if I ever do. Good to read your posts!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard