Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#1228221 10/11/07 09:16 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Some of you know that I've been away from the board alot over the past 14 months because I had to do some hard hard work in order to get an appraisal designation.

For some reason, I was nervous as all get out yesterday, not knowing if I passed the comprehensive exams and waiting those 48 days between the exams in Nashville this past August was excruciating. I woke up at 3 am today and there was no explanation for it. I'd told myself that if I failed, I'd just get back up on my horse and do it again in February. I know some people who've taken them 6 or 7 times and can't seem to pass. But I surely didn't want to spend another December through February studying. I wanted to be done. I studied so hard for that thing I felt like I'd been hit by a Mack truck when I walked out of the building.

I found out today that I passed. What a weight that will be taken off my shoulders. That big fat raise will more than compensate for the child support loss that's looming.

I read sometimes or hear sometimes about how bad life is and how people can't get ahead, because of all the bad things that people do to them or don't do for them. Throughout these past 5 years I wanted to(and did) complain about what other people did to let me down. But I had an epiphany one day about 6 months after X had moved out of the house when I went to Charleston to visit my oldest baby boy. There's a place called Hyman's where baby boy #1 took me to dinner and Hyman's has a motto. I'm sure some of you are rolling your eyes because I've repeated this so many times! But to me, it's the secret. It's the key to living a good life and it is what made me change direction and change from a blubbering idiot who felt my life had passed me by into someone who decided to change things myself. I had to stop blaming other people (XH in particular) and get on with things. I had to stop living in the past and look toward the future.

Guys, I'm on cloud 9 right now. I still have to work, I didn't win the lottery, but my future is becoming much more secure and one day, I just might retire and I won't have to be homeless!

For all of you who've read this before from me, I apologize. But for anyone out there who might need a little inspiration, I'm posting Hyman's Seafood Motto here again. I live this thing. I read it every single day, and especially when I need an attitude check.

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company. a church. a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one thing we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. As so, it is with you...we are in charge of our ATTITUDES

Author of Attitude: Chuck Swindell

Congrats!!! Your post is very inspirational and just shows how much IS right in our worlds!

Celebrage your success! And I'll take a frosty bev of your choice, please. ;\)

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
Where is Hymans? I love Charleston and go there quite a bit but never ate at Hymans.

Me 45
WAW 46
Married 23yrs
D22
S18
D12
W moved out 1/12/07
Divorce Final 2/06/08
Fender #1228249 10/11/07 09:31 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Hyman's is famous - movie stars eat there and if you go on a weekend, you WILL wait in line. But it's worth the wait if you like fresh seafood.

I think it's on Meeting Street, but I'm not certain. I'll ask BB#1 - he's coming up tomorrow to watch the Indians game with his mom!

What part of SC do you live in? I am in Sumter.

Me 45
WAW 46
Married 23yrs
D22
S18
D12
W moved out 1/12/07
Divorce Final 2/06/08
Fender #1228280 10/11/07 09:54 PM
H
OP Offline
H
I'm in Lexington, work in Columbia - so we're neighbors!

Happygirl,

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy (can I say that or do I need permission?)for you. Does this mean you'll be around to blubber with us on the board a little more often? Proof positive that good things do happen to good people! Have you told the kids yet?

Hey, I'm not rolling my eyes. I love reading that stuff, besides you know I damn deep I am!

Love you girlfriend and I am so Hap....uh excited for you.........

Love,
Bethie

H
OP Offline
H
Thanks Julie, I'm so happy right now I could scream with joy. I almost missed your post! and you can order up anything your little heart desires.

There was time I thought I would never feel pure joy again but we all have that choice to make for ourselves. My baby-baby-baby boy was not working at the golf course tonight and was home when I got here. He watched me study for all those months and he was as happy as me about this success in my life. If nothing else happens, I've shown my children that hard work is worth it. I think he was as happy as I was and geez, I can't tell you how that made me feel. I have some great kids and I am so very blessed.

I came here tonight because this is the place that started getting me right again. This place is so awesome. I can't imagine that people could go through the Big D without the love and support that we are so lucky to have. If this were to have happened many years ago, we would not be lucky enough to have this forum and the help it gives us to get through this whole.

I want to send my thanks out to Michele, and James John and all of those at Divorce Busting for giving us this opportunity. I love all of you.

BethM #1228350 10/11/07 10:44 PM
HAPPY!!!! I'm thrilled for you. What a great feeling to have this behind you and know that you'll never be dependant on anyone again. You've worked so hard and you totally deserve this. I bet your kids are so proud of you as are all of us here. You da bomb!!!!

Yaaaaay, Happy!!!!

BethM #1228360 10/11/07 10:51 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Bethie,

Sweetie, you can SAY the word Happy - you just can't name yourself Happy! No permission needed for SAYING happy.

I thank you from the bottom or my heart. It's people like you, and Karen, and Friend, and Lilly, and Barb, and Pammie, and gosh, now I don't want to leave anyone out, but so many of you who helped me through my darkest hours and then - oh and C2H who is an awesome man who came into our group later on - picked my sorry butt up off of the floor and dusted me off. Let's see, who did I forget. Please don't take offense whoever you are - oh - DNO, and Oh crap - the girl in VA with her little twins - and Tony who got back with his X and we don't see any longer, and the guys who made our chat room/hot tub up - R-2?, and Leenie, and of course, last but not least my friend Robert who I have not talked to in a long, long time but will do so forthright. If I forgot anyone, please forgive me, because I did not mean to - oh - MAL, who has a big heart, yes she helped me too. All of you. If I forgot you temporarily, please remind me and I will give you a great big kiss and mea culpa.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard