Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
J
Hey Barbie!!

Well....according to the immense rain we have had, summer is almost over! YAY! I know this is way of subject but......doesn't it make you feel wondeful when you get your hair "touched up"? \:\) oh and lets not forget the eyebrows at the same time

Like I said...I touched up last saturday and it makes me feel on top of the world! All shiny and gold....kwim?

Florida is a wonderful place to live. If I have any say so in the matter, I am NOT moving from here. I need beach, sun, ocean and palm treeeeeees.

It's those little things in life that makes me happy!

Oh Barb...my son's name is Josh \:\) He's as awesome as your Josh!

Night my blondies!

Jeanette

Change the Policy.
Allow PM's
Free all of us.

Also some new and improved emoticons would be nice!

:-)
Tracie,
Pop culture messages are ok, but the message to follow that works for me is a simple one that is over 2000 years old and that you've heard before "thy will be done" "Let go and let God". A tremendous amount of peace comes from it, because of all sudden your are not alone. Things will happen and present themselves as they are supposed to, and you are not forcing anything to happen. Life falls into place beautifully without much effort. It gives you a totally positive outlook on life. My dad (may he rest in peace) always had a saying "the best thing always happens". We may not recoginize it at the time, especially during difficult times, but as we have experienced, these difficult times are the opportunities for growth and for change. It is up to us to make the most of it.

When Clark came into my life, heaven knows I was not looking. Neither was he. I gave him every possible reason on earth NOT to pursue anything with me. We each met our commitements to our children first. We maintained a long distance 1000 mile relationship for two years. All of the cards were on the table. We had no illusions and each felt that if it was to end, sooner rather than later was preferable. Like you, we were independent people who decided to come together. So far, so good. There is no rush to go to the next step. It will happen when the time is right.

If Bill is the one meant to be in your life, he will be. If he's not, then you shared some wonderful times together for a time, You are at a good place. You don't need a man, he simply adds to your life friendship and companionship. Whether he or not he is meant to be there for the rest of your life, he's added to it, and for that time be grateful. If he's not meant to be there for your lifetime, perhaps someone else will when it is right for you and your kids. Maybe the time is not right now and there is no sense in forcing it. I love the poem Reasons, Seasons or Lifetime and it seems appropriate to your situation now:

When someone is in your life for a REASON. . . It is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally, or spiritually. They may seem like a Godsend, and they are! They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then, without any wrong doing on your part, or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered. And now it is time to move on.

Then people come into your life for a SEASON. Because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn. They bring you an experience of peace, or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season. Like Spring turns to Summer and Summer to Fall, the season eventually ends.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons; things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person, and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

MC

M
M
This is a wonderful post Living Well. Meant for Tracie but we can all gain from it. I have noticed more and more, possibly thanks to my new relationship because he is not in to pop culture, how loud and screamy it can be with messages to us...and when we do step back, reflect how God asks us to live life...there is great peace within.

Tracie, not sure if you had mentioned where you are at with your beliefs, however, I have been asking God for two years what does He want me to do with this new relationship because it has been really easy to get lost and not know what to do. I don't know that I have all the answers, but I've grown a lot and accepted new things and so far the relationship seems to be right.
Just my experience.

T
TC Offline OP
OP Offline
T
We had our "talk" last night. One thing I forgot to mention here is that Bill has a 3 bedroom house, and his kids each have a room there. They have most of their things at their mom's house, as that is where they are most of the time, but they still have some things in their rooms at Bill's house. Bill actually expects that I would move in with my kids into his house, and that would be kicking his kids out of their rooms! I would NEVER do that, and it really bothers me that he would do that.

I did a lot of thinking before our talk and I let him know that (1) We would first have be married before I moved in with him with my children and (2) I would not want to move into HIS house, I would want US to buy OUR house together. Florida's property tax situation is such that new homebuyers are paying 2 and 3 times more taxes for the same home as the old owner was paying, due to a 3% cap on property tax increases for the original owner. But, the state legislature is meeting this week to discuss making that "save our homes" 3% tax cap portable. If that happens, then buying another home would become a much more viable option.

The thing is , I don't think either of us is quite ready for the M and for the combining of our finanaces, but maybe we are working towards that??? I think he felt good that I even mention M and buying a house together as a possibility. He seemed to change his tune and was not pressuring me at all last night. Maybe I scared HIM by mentioning M and buying a house together? LOL!

The reality of the situation is that I have these 2 precious children, and I am not going to uproot them and make all these changes just to "live" with someone. If I am going to make such major changes, the committment of M has to be there. Otherwise, things will stay the way they are ( which is just peachy with me, too). So, that's the outcome of our "talk", which I am pleased with. At least I am not feeling pressured now, and I will give it to God, and pray that he leads us all in the right direction.

The kids are now home from their Dad's, and the 4 of us are about to go for a bike ride in the park ( me, Bill and the kids). Hopefully it won't rain, we have had rain every day for a few weeks now!

Thanks for all of your great advice and insight,
TC

Tracy,
I think you handled it beautifully!!! Like you, if I had small kids living at home, I wouldn't move in with anyone either. And, I do think that buying a new "us" house is a wise thing too. That way, you can make sure all the kids involved feel welcome and that no one is being displaced.

You did great!!!!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard