Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#1133742 07/15/07 06:25 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Thread locked....

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...rue#Post1130323

Had a great time at the concert Saturday night. It was more than just a concert event even though there were 15 bands playing throughout the day. There was a lot of different entertainment and prizes won/handed out. Don’t want to go into much detail, but there was a “fire-thrower” demonstration, a dunk tank featuring bikini clad models, dancing pole competition in which the prize was a guitar, and all topped off by a real cool fireworks display. One of my co-workers tried to win the guitar, but we couldn’t muster enough applause to help her win. I camped over night and hung out with my coworkers most of the night. Oh, and btw, the mud wrestling never really got off the ground at the concert, there were really to many other distractions that would have taken away from it.

My co-worker who is the owner and promoter of the annual event said he should break even this year. This is the second year and I noticed there were at least 3 times more people this year than there were last. I think when he really sits down and adds the revenue from the beer and food; he might come out a little a head.

Anyway, it was a great GAL activity and not sure what I’m doing for an encore here in the near future. My imagination doesn’t sit still for long, so I’ll think of something.

In other developments, it looks like I will be moving into my new place in August instead of September. That’s great news for me. I was renting out a house the last year and a half in which the owner moved back in about two months ago. We get along fine as roommates, but it’s a problem when we both have our kids stay the night. Not really enough room, so I’m renting half a twin duplex. It has two bedrooms and about 1000 sq feet of living space, which is more than enough to suit my needs. I really need the privacy to.

Not much on the stbx front. I told her I would be getting the rest of my things in the house out by the end of this month. She didn’t say much one way or the other. It seems when we talk anymore, we talk as strangers. Kind of weird in that sense, but it avoids conflict and keeps everything business like. I guess that’s the only way it needs to be at this point, but it’s strange for me just the same.

I can’t honestly say how it’s going between her and the OM because I really don’t pay that much attention to them or the signals/signs she gives off about them. I guess I’ll pay more attention when OM is up for parole this November. The only manner in which he enters my thoughts is when I think of my S7’s welfare. He will be the one to have to deal with his mom’s poor judgment. I want to insulate him from that entire BS as much as I possibly can.

Just need to get my thoughts on paper. I was never the journaling type, but this is something that’s really been therapeutic for me during this whole ordeal. I’m sure most of you can relate. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare."
-Mark Twain
S
S
Hey Tom, I am curious about one thing my friend. Let's just say he gets paroled in November, will you go after custody of your child? I am pretty sure your grounds would be rock solid......

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

A
OP Offline
A
Cori, I wish you and other Dber’s on here could have come with me. Everyone would have enjoyed the sights, sounds, and fun of it all. The bands were all awesome and there were so many things going on the whole time!

That's a good question you bring up Ian and I can't honestly answer that right now. I can say I don't want to take him away from his Mother unless I absolutely had to. Although she lacks good judgment, I don't think she would ever let anyone harm him emotionally or physically.

Once she has to actually face the reality of being with this guy, I don't see it lasting long. They pretty much have a lot of things working against them from the start. This guy has very limited earning potential and She's not the type that’s going to support OM for any length of time. She's pretty materialistic and he's not going to be able to deliver. After 15 years in prison, he's coming out with all kind of emotional baggage she's not prepared to deal with. I imagine this is going to be her biggest surprise. He's buttering her up and telling her what she wants to hear right now, but it's going to be all about him when/if he gets out. Another interesting dynamic is the fact she keeps their relationship such a secret to her friends and family. She can't hide this guy in the closet when/if he gets out. I know her family won't have anything to do with him and either will mine. She's very into family events and activities and she's not going to be able to experience the normalcy in family life she had with me. She'll miss that family type structure with him as baggage. Also, he's got family from a previous M, so he's got his own baggage from the past.

I may not have to do anything but watch this relationship disintegrate. However, I will do what I have to do depending on what the situation dictates at that time.

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare."
-Mark Twain
S
S
Understood Tom, just wanted to know since we never really talked about that. I would definitely keep my guard up if he gets paroled.

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

A
OP Offline
A
Thanks for the concern guys. Yes, I have put some thought into it and have spoken to my lawyer about it on several occasions.

I probably know more about this guy than my stbx does, so I feel pretty comfortable that I can handle any negative influence he poses to my S7. Parole is no guarantee, so it's not necessarily a given I will have to do anything. If he doesn't get paroled this time around, his next one probably won't be for another 5 years.

-Mark Twain
A
OP Offline
A
You know, sometimes I have dark thoughts about this OM. Thoughts that are out of my character and that I've never felt towards another human being. A dark and quiet anger that I can't seem to shake. The more I discover about him and his past crime, the more it grows inside of me. This Man has left nothing but shattered lives and broken families in his wake.

I don't believe from what I have discovered recently that this OM is capable of reform. The letters I have come across show him to be arrogant, self-righteous, and just plan evil. I don't believe he will ever be sorry for his crime. He killed an unarmed Man while running away from him. His cowardness sickens me.

What in the world does the stbx see in him? If you would meet her, it would boggle your mind to try and figure out where that connection is. If she's not happy with me, why the hell can't she find a normal OM? Why does she scrap the barrel? She's attractive and bright; she doesn't have to settle on him.

Last edited by Astimegoeson; 07/17/07 03:56 AM.

-Mark Twain
A
OP Offline
A
It's bizarre. She's 43 yrs old and has been reading romance novels since I've known her. Sometimes, I think she's trying to live one of them.

I'm not a prude or anything and can admire, participate and enjoy romance myself, but is this kind of weird to be reading these books so intensely at her age? She must go through at least 2 thick ones a week. The last one I saw laying on her nightstand was... "The prince steels a bride" er something to that affect.

I've even read through some of them to get a feel for what excites her about them. There seems to be a recurring theme in most of them... A rich, but evil husband, lord, master, king, or baron that keeps a tight leash on them. This character always pushes them into the arms of their poor, but resourceful, romantic, and dashing highlander or clansman. It always seems like a good verses evil scenario.

It's almost like something I would see my 16-year-old niece reading.

-Mark Twain
A
OP Offline
A
Just received a call from OW. This is the young one I have developed a friendship and strong connection with over the last year and a half. She sounded upset and wanted to meet me after work for a drink to "talk".

Even though we both tell ourselves that our relationship can't progress past a certain threshold, I think we both have developed an attachment that could almost be described in terms beyond friendship. We discuss things with each other that go beyond friendship.

She is half my age and this relationship is very surreal to the both of us. I don't think either of us would have imagined this relationship would have developed to this degree. The attraction is definitely there for both of us. I didn't know this on her part until she recently disclosed her feeling towards me. I knew inside I had feelings for her, but was and still am very guarded about it. She was my date at my Brother's wedding and as always, we had a blast with each other. She's younger than some of my nieces that were at the wedding. My Family thinks the world of her and her Mother and Sister are very friendly to me. It seems very taboo for me and probably for her as well, but the attraction and compatibility we feel towards each other keeps bringing us together with increasing degrees of desire.

I'm in very dangerous waters here and am not sure how to keep the "lid" on this. I thought I would try to cool this off by not contacting her, but she's called me and is upset I have not "checked" in on her. I'm not sure what she is upset about, she didn't go into details, but I have a feeling it's about her Mother. Her Mother is an alcoholic and her Father left them when OW was very young. She practically baby-sits her Mother on a continual basis and worries about things a Woman her age shouldn't be concerned with. She's very mature for her age and very bright as well. I will lend a sympathetic ear.

-Mark Twain
A
OP Offline
A
Went out with OW last night. We talked a while and then her older Sister and her friend showed up. We all went to a club and went dancing. Had a great time.

I got home late and there was a message on my answering machine from stbx complaining about me not answering her calls. I checked my cell phone as well and noticed I missed a couple of calls from her. I must have been out on the dance floor with young OW, her sister, and friend when the call came through. Oh chucks! She told me a year and a half ago that she wanted to limit the contact between us. I'm just cooperating with her wishes. I guess it only applies to me contacting her and not the other way around.

I had a nasty email from her this morning stating how bad a Father, Husband, and Human being I am. "Nice to hear from you dear, how's your day going?" was my reply. Have not heard back from her, so I really don't know what she was trying to get a hold of me for unless it was just to spew. I'm not holding my breath.

-Mark Twain
A
OP Offline
A
We talked about her Mother. She's worried about her Mother's BF. I guess he's verbally abusive and she's worried about him becoming physically abusive. Her Mother isn't wise enough to get out of a relationship like that. I guess she has a history with abusive Men.

The response I gave stbx is a classic example on how to piss them off. They hate it when your nice!

-Mark Twain
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard