Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline
Hi everyone. I had a funny little thing happen to me a bit ago and thought that I'd share---gave me a good laugh.

I live in a very rural area---one main road right through the middle of town (if you can call a post office and a gas station a town). I'm about a mile off the main road. Every once in a while I meet the old skank on the road going home from work. The X and her live further south down the main road, and I take a short jog north.

Sometimes it's like I'm a skank magnet, cause even when I'm running 10...15...20 minutes late, we will occasionally meet on this road.

So today, I'm 30 minutes later than normal---pull up to the intersection, and what do I see, but her SUV traveling North---coming from the direction of their house and heading my way. I know that it's them on their regular Thursday night 'date a skank' night, so I sit there and let them pass in front of me. I can't see her (and haven't seen her in the 5 years that she's been shagging my x). But my X was what made me laugh. I'm sure that he was thinking (or maybe even saying out loud 'oh sh!t!!') He drove by without looking directly at me (but I know he saw me because there was no way that he could miss me)---and had put his arm up in a way to block his face as much as possible. (you know, hand on the side of the face and arm crooked up on the door frame).

Besides the fact that I followed his progress with my whole head, grinning like a possum the entire time he passed----I also pulled out behind him and sped up enough that I was fairly close behind. Right before my turn off, I grinned great big and gave them the big back and forth parade wave through the front glass. I figured he was googling off through the rearview big time---and heck--she probably had her nose pressed to the side mirror.

Then I turned down my road and laughed my a$$ off!!! Here's to you and your old hag too! Enjoy your dinner---hope she chokes on her steak!!! :-) I hope seeing me put a little damper on his dinner.

Heck, if we had had a regular weekly date, maybe we would still be together.

Funny thing is, he called me last week about our youngest son's school woes--and proceeded to talk to me for 15 min. about his sister's problems.

H showed up at the house Monday and actually came in (something he hasn't done in forever). He avoids me like the plague. Monday would have been our 25th anniversary -- if......Of course he was checking on a sick calf, and talked to me for about 5 minutes in the yard. I got a feeling he knew what the day was--but he never said a word. Of course neither did I--but I did buy myself a nice bouquet of flowers that day.

Then Tuesday, he called and said that he was taking the boys to get pizza (I was at work) and had I tried the take and bake pizza--it was really good. He'd wait til later to cook it and save me a piece. When they went to get it, he had our middle son call and ask if I wanted cinnamon sticks or bread sticks.

I totally had flashbacks to his earlier days of weirdness.

Anyway, tomorrow evening I'm supposed to go have dinner with a couple of friends. One is the woman whose preacher X just married his skank and left her with 4 kids. Apparently they are having a reception tomorrow---sent a little note to those invited saying that they married on the day they shared their first kiss 26 years ago. How sweet. Didn't mention the 17 year marriage and 4 kids in between. This guy has some brass ones, I'm telling you. We call him sparky! I'm sure you can figure out why.:-)

Later, DNO

Hey there. On my first anny after the separation, my sis sent me a dozen pink roses. It was so sweet of her.

That's soooo funny that X was hiding his face. Like if he can't see you, you can't see him???? My dog does that when he's in trouble. He puts his head under the couch.

You sound like you're doing great!!! I'm glad you're getting out with friends and having fun. Keep on keeping on!!!!

K
K
DNO
That is priceless!!
Too funny. I hope they were soooo uncomfortable
and I love your " date a skank" night! LOL

You sound good. Have a great weekend!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

OP Offline
Hi all. Just wanted your thoughts on something that happened today. See if we come to the same conclusions.

I had a man that I know come into work today----he works for an area newspaper and used to come in to get updates for the paper on anything going on at the library--and then just to stand and chit chat. Anyway, I hadn't seen him in quite a while because they had moved him to cover other things.

So he comes in chit chatting, and then leads up to telling me that he's having trouble with his wife (they have two children--11 and 6 I think) and he may be out on the prowl shortly.

I told him that divorce wasn't all it was cracked up to be (except maybe for the one that took off) and advised him to get Divorce Remedy and couseling. He said that couseling cost too much, that his wife already had suggested it. I then told him that maybe if he was already out looking for someone new, he wasn't totally committed to his marriage or his wife, and that maybe he needed to think about his priorities. Divorce is not a cake walk.

He implied that he might just ask me out, when he's available. And I don't know about you, but I had a man that didn't think I was worth the effort--who didn't want to go to couseling---who just ran away from what he persieved as problems instead of making me, our marriage and children a priority, and I'm not sure that I want another one that would just give up without a fight. Especially one that is already searching for the replacement. How needy is that?! Hits a raw spot since my X just married my 'replacement'. (Still think that he got the booby prize) :-)

Anyone want to weigh in on this?

DNO

YIKES!!! I wouldn't go near him with a 10 ft pole. He's still married, isn't willing to work on it and I'm wondering if the reason his M is in trouble is because he's been on the prown for a long time.

Stay away from him, DNO. You deserve better!!!!

B
B
Quote:
And I don't know about you, but I had a man that didn't think I was worth the effort--who didn't want to go to couseling---who just ran away from what he persieved as problems instead of making me, our marriage and children a priority, and I'm not sure that I want another one that would just give up without a fight. Especially one that is already searching for the replacement. How needy is that?! Hits a raw spot since my X just married my 'replacement'. (Still think that he got the booby prize) :-)

Anyone want to weigh in on this?

Run!!!! Run fast.

I think you already gave him good advice and he doesn't want to take it. he sounds like a typical WAS, looking for someone else immediately. Not a good choice!

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." Jon Kabat-Zinn

Suzy
M: 6/22/85; D: 1/31/08
Stay far, far away from that. All I can say, but bad people are out there. I do not like the sound of the story. Wonder

He implied he might ask you out when he's available? What a conceited, big headed toad! Like you are some lonely woman just waiting with baited breath for him to date? Every red flag in the book should be popping up, waving like crazy!

Seriously, you don't need this loser. You know it,too. Or your wouldn't be asking us what we think. You're bright, you spotted this one, too.

When you can't make a decision because you are torn between your heart and your head, listen to the half with the brain.
K
K
Quote:
What a conceited, big headed toad

LOL love that!

they are right on DNO, YOU deserve the best and I'm not thinking hes the best!!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

Personally I think that that might have been his sloppy way (more than conceited way)of feeling you out, but you already knew that. You really don't need our opinion. You are 1 smart cookie!

Love,
Bethie

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard