Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1038462 05/03/07 03:26 AM
E
OP Offline
E
Does anyone know of any books written about MLC that the mlc'er could read and actually get any help from.... or are they so deep into their own view of things that it would just bounce up against their mental wall.... just curious bcz my WAS might be ready to belive that she needs help but will probably not consider counseling....

thanx,

elmr

Me-40
Her-38
together 18yrs
EA summer 06/ PA fall 06-BombDropped-xmas 06 (ILYBINILWY - Just Friends?)
Moved out -3/20/07 - Moving further away bcz of poor DBing ?4/15
story http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=999831
R
R
In general they are too deep in. They will also read a book and interpret it with a twist that was not intended by the author.

If she is early in MLC, she is probably no where near ready to face her issues--knowing she needs help is a start...but many know or feel that ...or at least say it in the beginning. They either say it as lip service to you, to reassure you (since some do not blame the LBS for everything), as an excuse. Those consciously feel they need help may coe to realize that they are not the problem as the y go deeper into the tunnel.

It is at the Liminal Depression stage that she wil face her issues...and she will avoid that stage as long as she can.

HUGS,
RCR

E
OP Offline
E
RCR,
thanks for the feedback,,, i guess i should do some more reading up on the subject so i can understand where she's at a little better.....

elmr

Me-40
Her-38
together 18yrs
EA summer 06/ PA fall 06-BombDropped-xmas 06 (ILYBINILWY - Just Friends?)
Moved out -3/20/07 - Moving further away bcz of poor DBing ?4/15
story http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=999831

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard