Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#941703 02/21/07 03:13 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Here is an interesting article about how men view relationship talk as opposed to women and how men cope with stress.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17008879/

There is also accompanying video. Just one quote from the article, “… For the average male, relationships are not a reliable source of comfort. A man’s greatest pain comes from shame, due to the inadequacy he feels in relationships, which is guaranteed to remind him of his inadequacy, is the last method that he would use for comfort, in the same category as choosing a bed of nails for a good night’s sleep. This is often why he goes to a flight or fight response to ease his distress and not a heart to heart talk with the woman in his life.”

Just thought that I would share, information is power…

*Ever*

M
M
Thank you dear heart

One shoe can change your life.~ Cinderella
G
G
Ever,

Thanks! Some interesting info there. Hmmm, perhaps I need to get the book.

E
OP Offline
E
I was thinking of getting the book too ... In preparation for the R and M that will be sent for me from God.

G
G
Now that's what I call a PMA!

E
OP Offline
E
Journaling –

Depression may finally be kicking H a notch up in the “stages” per say so at least I know that the Alien may be around for a bit longer. MIL and kids have stated that he seems “so sad lately”. I would not know as he does not tell me such things. I am still keeping him in prayer while trying to move on. He went away recently and I did not once. We have not spoken since Monday when we went to the movies. During the movie H made a point of clearing his throat when a character said that he and his wife had gotten married too young. Oh well.

When I was in MLC, I felt the same way. I just know someone must have prayed me out because here I am brand spanking new… a little bit torn and tattered but brand spanking new nonetheless …

I have also been considering moving to another State for a fresh start. This frightens me but, what about this whole thing isn’t frightening? I guess that in this case maybe not having an H and being in a new state is frightening … but something has to give in this situation,huh?

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard