Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#915769 02/02/07 07:52 AM
M
MrsNOP Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hey, dear Moderators!

I just discovered that the search function is limited to one year and it looks like all the archived SSM posts have disappeared.

Please tell me that they are available archived somewhere or that they will be returning.

Regards,
MrsNOP -

B
B
yeah, I just logged in. Been away for a week or so....now I'm lost, and all of my favorite threads are too. I can't even find myself ! LOL

Current thread
I posted this question on the "Technical issues" forum http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=909372&page=1&gonew=1#UNREAD on the very first day of the new BB and still haven't gotten an answer. One thing I did notice however is that when someone has a link to an old thread in their signature, that link does seem to take you into old threads. (I mean threads prior to the limit of the search function.) That seems to imply that they reside somewhere. Alas, I fear they may be lost. \:\( What a wealth of information. I almost can't stand to think about it. Like having your storage building burn down.

It could be that making those old posts available just hasn't been done YET, in the interest of getting the new board up and running. Maybe an email to the administrators is in order?

I post on another board regularly and have for over six years. That board has been upgraded several times, and each time, all past posts have been lost.

G
G
Lil, If I go under "My Stuff" and select my posts, I get all my posts going back to May 2006, but it looks like nothing before that. Pity if all that history is gone.

If I go to My Stuff I only get posts back through December 2006-- Maybe it's the # of posts that is stored, not the dates. So if a person only posted 100 posts, but they went back through Jan of 2003, they would ALL be there, kwim? Those of us who are prolific (can't shut up) will have just as []many [/i]posts archived, but they won't go back so far in time.

This is sad.

I'd also like to see some answers to anyone's questions in the Technical issues forum.

M
M
I have to admit that as a Type 7 part of me likes the idea that all my old posts were disappeared. It's like clearing the clutter out of the attic without regard to sentimentality in order to make a new start.

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver
P
P
I'm not complaining, because this board is free and all.... but it would be interesting to have someone explain how this upgrade was an upgrade at all. There is no longer the color change to indicate new posts in a thread. Once you figure out which threads have new posts, it no longer tells you how many new posts there are. These things combine to make keeping up with conversations more difficult.

I guess the upgrade is, it tells us exactly how many minutes and seconds it has been since the last post. If you find that useful......

And now, we've lost the archives? I was reading Mrs Nop this morning, and thought I'd go back and check out her original thread, which had much insight for all of us.... tell me it's not gone!?

Anyway, I'm not complaining or anything... Just sayin, it doesn't seem like much of an upgrade.....

Paul

C
C
I will be more frank: it blows.

I cannot even use my same login screen anymore, and have to come in "thru the back door." Harder to read, too.

BRING BACK DIVORCE-BUSTING CLASSIC!!!!

Sincerely,

Chocolateeyes

S
S
In hopes that the moderators actually read these threads, I'm bumping this one up.

I ABSOLUTELY HATE and SEE NO REDEEMING PURPOSE in the "newest members" box on the left. All it does is push the posts further right. So far to the right, I may add, that I sometimes have a scrollbar at the bottom of my browser, and must use that to read the right side of the posts.

Who cares who the newest members are? I would venture that of those members, 75 percent are lurkers. Of the remaining 25 percent, maybe 10 percent of them are interested in the SSM board, the majority focusing on the divorce busting boards.

The only time I'm interested in a new member is when they post here, and when they show that they are here to stay.

Hairdog

H
H
Jenny,
LOLOL.
I had exactly the same reaction!! I thought, Oh cool a fresh start.
I was reading Lillie's post and thought, Wow she's really upset...but couldn't seem to put myself in her place at all.

Vive la difference.

I have another type 7 question for you but will post on your thread if you don't mind...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard