Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#908192 01/24/07 11:52 PM
OP Offline
I haven't had a thread in over a year, ever since I caught the now x snooping on my computer. But, I have kept up on many of your threads and am inspired how so many of you are really surviving, not mearly living, after the D.

My D was final in Aug. and x and I still maintain a fairly civil attitude towards one another. I have strived very hard for that since I still have a son at home.

But, for now, I am asking for some support. D24, who graduated from college last May and lives 2000 miles away, has been diagnosed with bone cancer in the jaw. The best case scenerio is that her jaw will be removed and then reconstructive surgery to rebuild it. But, there is a very real fear that the cancer has spread so she will have a full body scan on Friday and will get the results back on Tues. Any and all prayers would be appreciated. I know that God can work miracles.

I thought living through the 6 years before the D was bad, but it doesn't compare to what I am living through now. Now is the time I need someone to hold me close and comfort me...and it is not there. This is tough.

Wishing

((((((Wishing)))))))

I am so sorry about your Daughter. I will certainly keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Sometimes life just doesn't seem fair and all that we really have to get us through is our faith.

Will you be going out to California to be with your daughter? Please keep us informed.

Love,
Bethie

H
H
You have my prayers.
Holly

Bomb 1/06
D dismissed 11/07, attempt reconciliation. Premature.
Divorce final October 31, 2008.
OW looks like bad history. Over.
Still hopeful. Baby steps.
In R with my X.
OP Offline
Thanks!

I feel like I am living a nightmare.....and am ready to wake up any time.

It is unbelievable where support comes from at times. On Tues., when I first heard the mention of cancer, I asked my boss if I could use my sick leave to take care of a child. He said "no", that that is what I get 5 PEL days a year for. He just shook his head and said he was going to go do some talking. When he came later he said that he had talked to the head bosses and they will allow me to use my 43 days of sick leave to go with my daughter. I just started crying.

I teach 7th-12th graders at an alternative school. I had told most of my students yesterday what was going on with D24 and that I was making plans to be gone for a few weeks. Today one of my 7th graders came up and said the he and his mom had said prayers for us last night, another one popped up and said his mom had put us on their prayer chain. I do believe in miracles, and we sure need one now.

D21 just called from Notre Dame (she is a junior there) and said that half of the gratto (sp) is lit up with candles for D24.

I am flying out Mon.-Thurs. to be with D24 when she gets the results back from the full body scan and hopefully make definite plans for treatment. I am so scared. It is going to be a long haul and I am so scared.......

Wishing

A
A
Hi wishingtoheal:

I cannot even begin to imagine what you must be going through. I will keep you and your daughter in my thoughts.

I am happy to hear that you are getting the support that you need right now.

take care,
AG

K
kml Offline
K
Oh, Wishing, what horrible news!
Where is she being treated? Jaw reconstruction is an art, I know there are some newer techniques out there, you should try to make sure she gets the best possible surgeon.

Has she had a biopsy yet? Do you know the tumor type? I'd be glad to do any research you might need - you can email me at elliestough@hotmail.com

Hugs.

Ellie

P
P
(((((Wishing)))))
Sweetie I am sending prayers up for you and your precious daughter.
Yes believe in those miracles that HE can give to us.
Please keep in touch.
Have a safe trip traveling to be with your daughter.
God Bless

[color:"red"][b]Pam[b][/color]
S
S
Dear Wishing,

I will definitely send up prayers for you, your daughter and your family. The power of prayer is remarkable. When you feel that little burst of strength, even though you are dead tired and sick with worry, that is the prayer at work.

Take care of yourself.

Hugs,

Spitfire

Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain
L
L
Dear Wishing,

Cyber hugs and fervent wishing and praying your daughter will be OK.

Livnlearn

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Socrates
(((((((Wishing)))))))

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter. I wish you a safe flight and good news once you get there.

God Bless, DNO

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard