Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
#876890 12/19/06 04:21 AM
3K451 Offline OP
OP Offline
Who's got the wine?

I'm seeing a few real "oldies" around lately...hope anyone who's on this board has a wonderful holiday season.

Mine is kicking off on Friday night. It's my birthday. The holiday partying shall begin. I don't plan on having a boring holiday season. It will be filled with friends, family, food, wine, did I mention WINE , and fun. Cooking a huge turkey dinner for my family on Christmas Eve and will be bopping from place to place celebrating my kids' birthdays and the holidays as well.

Hoping y'all get what you want for Christmas, that you have a bright, happy, and wonderful New Year. And that the wine never runs out. Make mine a red please!

3K451 #876891 12/19/06 12:49 PM
Did I hear wine mentioned???? I just bought a case of it for the holidays!!!

Happy Birthday & Merry Christmas, Keyz!!!!

3K451 #876892 12/19/06 01:29 PM
Hey KB!!!

I've got wine!!! I love wine!!! I live in wine country!!! Josh has a collection of 450 bottles!!! Is that enough whining for you???

So, you are a Capricorn, then. I knew I liked you. Josh and I are both Caps. (Ex and maggot are too - so there goes that theory). But I do love most Caps.

Anyway, Sending you birthday wishes for a wonderful year and a very merry Christmas. As you say on my thread you "get it".

Barb

qoe100 #876893 12/19/06 01:49 PM
3K451 Offline OP
OP Offline
Share that wine!!! I have to make my run to the liquor store yet. But my sis is also coming in from Cali, so she'll be bringing the hooch as well.

3K451 #876894 12/19/06 01:50 PM
KB: I always share! I also need to get some red, though. Some friends brought a bottle of Yellow Tail to my party the other night but I'm really low on reds at present. Perhaps it is because it is my fav.

Barb

3K451 Offline OP
OP Offline
Barb, yes...full-blown Cap. Born on the winter solstice. My dad was a Cap and so is my eldest daughter. My second daughter missed being a Cap by about 12 hours. She's a Sag, born just a few hours before my birthday.

Good lord, I don't think I could date a Cap. I know too much what we're about LOL. I did date a few in the past and never worked. My ex was an Aries. Never, ever mix an Aries and a Cap. When things are good, they are very very good. But when they go bad, forget it. An Aries' firey personality and impetuousness and a Cap's stubornness and tenacity never, ever mix. Dating a Taurus now. Works for me! But a number of my friends and favorite relatives are all Capricorns. My dad and I used to tease the family: "We're Caps. Lead or follow or walk along as you choose...just stay the h#ll out of our way!"

Goat girl off to climb more of her mountain!!

Happy holidays

3K451 #876896 12/19/06 03:26 PM
Happy Christmas to you all, hmm interesting theory Keyzblew, my x was a Cap his ow now wife is Aries- food for thought.But then my d is Cap and recently m an Aries?
I wont dwell on it. Heres raising a glass to the best New Year ever, We are SO worth it.

Barbie, I'll share my red with you! I like both red and white, but tend to drink more white in warm weather, and reds in the colder months. Right now I'm favoring Kendall Jackson Cabernet... but if that does not suit you, I also have several others from which to choose!

Merry Merry Christmas to all of you. I saw a cool feature on a morning show recently, talking about all the pressure of having tons of holiday parties on your calender, a perfect someone to share your holidays, and a traditional family Christmas.... she called BS on this pressure and said the reality is some of us are alone. Some of us are just going through a divorce, or mourning the loss of a loved one, or struggling in some way. She said do not buy into the hype, of what is required this time of year to be "happy" or "normal". She said it is perfectly fine for you to decide that you will celebrate quietly, at home with a glass of wine and a good movie if that suits you. She said set your expectations for what works for you, and that's more than good enough.

I'm sure I have not done justice to how well she put this, but I hope you get the idea. It helped me to release some angst about being alone this year, and I plan to have king crab legs and wine for my Christmas dinner. I will build a fire, and call people I care about to touch base and let them know I love them. I will lavish my kitties with lap time, and spend lots of time with the baby horses. It will be different from when I was married, and did the whole family deal, all the decorating. Different for sure, but not so bad when you value it for what it is, rather than focus on what it is NOT.

Blessings to all!

One of the oldies here.........wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

I'm so looking forward to 2007, I hope it's the best for all of us.

Love to you all,
FRIEND

3K451 #876899 12/19/06 07:16 PM
I
I
Birthday & Xmas all at once... wayatta go.... happy holidays and may your soup be in '07

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard