Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
OP Offline
G'Day!!

The strange constant phone calls from Ex continue. He called twice again yesterday. Heck, we've had more calls this week than in the past few months. He does get stranger at Christmas but one has to wonder - what is really going on? I know I shouldn't guess but it is weird.

He took Ryan to his house last week for a couple of hours (without asking) but told the nurse later that it was just the 2 of them. No way of knowing - I'm letting that go. Now, today, he wants Ash to drive to his house (she has always refused to go there and has refused to meet maggot). He wants her to leave her car there for 3 hours and make herself comfortable in his house. He assured her that no one else would be there. Weird??? Ash doesn't want to do this and told him several times. Asked him to come pick up her car and take it. He refuses. He lives in the next city and she doesn't drive on the highway yet. It will take her twice as long. He didn't care. She told him she would like to go to the mall 2 blocks from his house - has some gift cards to use then would go to a movie. He doesn't want that. Wants her to "be comfortable" in his house. Can't imagine that. I feel bad for her. Knowing how manipulative maggot is - it wouldn't shock me to have her "accidently come home early" or have him take extra long to fix the car. They have been trying to involve her in their lives for over 5 years now.

I hope this goes ok. The SH!T will really the fan between Ash and Ex if he tries something. I just told her that she is 18 now and can choose to do whatever she wishes. If he is messing with her car, though, and something happens - one phone call and I'll be there to get her. That's the best I can do.

Ryan's tube is not holding. It is leaking like crazy - how fun! The nurse just took him to the hospital and it might need to be replaced already. One week! Supposed to last a year. This just sucks! It is not intrusive to replace it or painful so I figured it was fine for the nurse to handle it.

I'm going shopping. I am keeping both of my cel phones on. Just got a new one and the old one is paid up for 2 more weeks. So - if either of my kids needs me - I'll be there but I'm trying to let them take care of themselves (and the nurse too) for now. At some point I might be unavailable - who knows? and they need to learn.

Shopping Mode Barbie

Hey Barbie

Thank you for all your wise and kind words on my thread. I think I may finally be getting it!!

Anyway you sound really good as usual. Enjoy your shopping.

OP Offline
Thanks Mermaid!

I read your thread and I feel what you're feeling. Mostly because I've felt every bit of it myself.

I'm glad to see that you are distancing yourself from the drama. It is SO hard on you. It is also hard on the girls. I just want you to be happy and have a great life. I never suggest giving up until you're good and ready, but I think you're almost good and ready. The ball is in his court.

Barb

OP Offline
So, a bit of a rough day with the kids but not THAT bad. Ryan was in emergency room for nearly 5 hours without his meds (we couldn't keep them in his tummy). This is downright dangerous. Constant bugging of the staff did little to help. Finally the surgeon put in an appearance and adjusted the tube. Feels it will help. Its helping a bit. I'm not convinced...

Ashley came home a bit dismayed. Her father worked on her car for hours and not only did he not get her cd player working, now her radio doesn't work and her engine light is staying on. Never trust an MLCer to fix something.

She did have a coffee in his house and told me it wasn't so bad. Maggot was apparently working. She did finally convince him to let her go to the mall - she was so bored.

So both of my kids had long days and not much satisfaction.

I, on the other hand went out to get a couple of needed items and ended up with some fabulous buys. I got a great kitchen tool organizer on a turntable with every conceivable gadget in it including the following items which I had set out to buy: wooden spoon, potato peeler and steak knives!!! Last night I noticed some peeling of the coating in my largest cooking pot. I had been planning to buy new stainless pots for at least a year (most everything in my new house is stainless). Found a wonderful Lagostino set on 1/2 price so I took some of my Christmas $ from my dad and got them. YIPPEE!!! I also got some cookie sheets, muffin tins and a cake pan - all on 40% off. My kitchen has needed an upgrade for a while. I already put the cake pan to use. I baked a cake for Josh's birthday tommorrow.

Got a few groceries, something for next Christmas (YEP - REALLY!), looked at some end tables and felt great in general. Oh yeah, also took in my laptop for a repair. I've been sharing Ashley's pc with her for the past 2 weeks. Very difficult when we both LOVE our computers. I expect mine back by Friday.

And that's it in Barbie's world. I'm feeling good.

Barb

OP Offline
Here's to 2007!!! This will be my sixth New Year's Eve on my own. I used to think that it was the toughest Single holiday ever (Valentines Day is also tough). But it does get better. My advice to anyone new is to get all your single (and not so single) friends together for a NYE bash.

The first NYE H had been gone the second time for just over a week. I learned it was maggot's birthday. And I found a list he had made saying he had to 1. Hang picture, 2. put up blinds, 3. Make love to Maggie. I felt like my heart had been ripped out. I went to a party at my Mom's house but just sobbed (fun guest, eh?)

Year 2 I went to 2 movies with a friend then to my Mom's for NYE - also posted on the bb and it wasn't so bad. Still a few tears.

Year 3 I went to a party with friends. Didn't cry.

Year 4 I had met Josh. Went to Toronto. He cooked a nice meal and we saw a movie and fireworks.

Year 5. Josh and I went to a fabulous dinner show with dancing and favours. It was fun.

Year 6. Josh and I are going to a Vegas style magic dinner show, followed by a comedian, live band and dancing. It should be good. We also turned down a party.

Why am I posting this? To illustrate that it does get better. My biggest concern this year? What to wear. LOL!

Hang in there. If life isn't coming together - don't wait for others to bring you happiness, make some for yourself. And share it. Makes you forget your troubles.

Goals for 2007????

Mine are typical. Improve diet and exercise for a better body. Start a new and more efficient savings plan. Get out more and have more fun with friends. I am thinking of starting a monthly get together for my single female friends. How fun is that?

Wishing all the best in 2007 to all of my DB friends!!!

Love Barb

PS = Love to hear your resolutions or goals too.

K
K
HAPPY NEW YEAR BARB!!!
Love reading about your new years through the years! It does go to show you, things do get better! who would of thunk right?
I always felt so bad because I remember how things w/ ex happend to you around the holidays. ugggh my ex was good enough to drop the bomb during the dog days of summer, the day before his B.day actually, isnt he special?

My first NY was actually fun spent it down at my sisters and we all went to Knotts Berry Farm, a popular amusement park here, had a blast! so I've been lucky in that aspect.

Today/tonight will be with someone special, and I am introducing him to the fam. Yipes! lol whatever happens, and who ever comes into our lives B, we have our families, our children, parents, siblings, and what can be better then that?

Have a terrific night, you'll be in the new year 3 hrs before me, so think of me at my 9, your 12 lol

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

OP Offline
Karen: And at 9:00, be sure to think of me too! I am thinking of my Limey friends as they are heading out on the town - Pearl & Naej. It will be 7 PM here when they celebrate.

Holidays bring out the worst in them, that's for sure but this year has been better. Taking myself totally out of the drama has been so much better.

My first bomb was actually in Aug 01 but he chose the holidays to make his return to the family. Things would have been so much better had that not happened, but it taught me something important too. I'm not going to go back there.

Here's to maggot on her 46th birthday! Wonder if he still looks as good to her as he did 5 years ago? He doesn't to anyone else. And he has far less money. Oh well - she can have him cuz I don't want anything to do with him.

Just picked out a fabulous cocktail dress, shoes, purse and accessories. I just think I'd better go do my nails!

LOL!

2007 - the year I meet Karen!!! Less than a month now!

Barb

BarbieDoll #867995 01/17/07 03:22 AM
OP Offline
Wow, haven't posted here in a while. I just haven't had much to talk about. Things are good.

I started a new post under MLC. Something has happened with my ex that I wanted some input on. Those who've had a spouse in MLC will understand best. If you were there - I'd appreciate you taking a look.

Today was my birthday. Had a really nice day. Lots of phone calls, gifts, greetings, dinner out with family, cake etc. Somehow Ex had to call at a weird time. Seems to do that when he hasn't heard my voice for a while. Knew it was my birthday - never mentions it - typical.

Anyway, I'm still alive and kicking. Hoping to meet some of you in 2 weeks in Sunny California. Get those emails to me so we know what's up, ok? I leave in one week.

Please let me know what you think on my MLC thread or here.

Thanks!

Barb

Happy Birthday Barb!

rayanne

rayanne #867997 01/17/07 09:20 AM
hi Barb, a very Hapy Birthday, just wanted to say read thread on MLC but dashing now, really got no answers. Strangley enuogh my x sent an email asking my son to tell his sister that he(dad) loves her and also a mention about his brother????? only been over 6 years since he saw or spoke to them.
Who knows, there was also a love to your mum in it to! did he forget my name -guess thats possible after all we only knew each other for 50 years.
Be kind of interesting to see what happens next, but don,t give it to much credance --someone many yers ago told me not to look for answers cos there are none. Still true I think, we can guess,assume or just make some up but truly there are none.
Enjoy yr day and your trip.
Love naej

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard