Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#803081 09/18/06 09:28 PM
N
OP Offline
N
What better day for me to start a thread here in "Surviving" than today, September 18th, what would've been my eight wedding anniversary day! I think it was the 18th... anyway, though I may not be celebrating it, I'm not commiserating it either.

Nah, I've come to see the ex as someone with major issues, and while being somewhat understanding why people do such things as she did, I also realize it doesn't serve my interests to dwell on all that bad, bad garbage that was strewn. Learn my lessons and move on. Besides, I think that holding onto past grudges or hurts or inequities is tantamount to saying that I'm not good enough to rise from the ashes, and I'll be damned if one little immature gal's problematic misbehaviors is going to keep me down.

Hey, I played a small (speaking!) role in an indie film over the weekend! My first film! They liked me so much that the director called me today to pitch another film to me, more of a lead role. She gave me the whole synopsis, and it sounds romantic and intriguing and a story that will touch the imagination and the heart. I've been offered my choice of one of two roles (there are three stories interwoven throughout the film): a loving husband, in more of a spiritual relationship with his wife, who dies but has left a special gift for her, or a man who was raised by a tribal village, embarks upon the world, but fails, loses himself, and seeks to return to his village to be reminded again of who he is. Hmmm, which part should I pick?

S
S
Hi NYS!

Nice to have you in Surviving!

I've come to see the ex as someone with major issues, and while being somewhat understanding why people do such things as she did, I also realize it doesn't serve my interests to dwell on all that bad, bad garbage that was strewn. Learn my lessons and move on. Besides, I think that holding onto past grudges or hurts or inequities is tantamount to saying that I'm not good enough to rise from the ashes, and I'll be damned if one little immature gal's problematic misbehaviors is going to keep me down.

Very nicely put! I'm trying to become a phoenix, myself.

Spitfire

Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain
S
S
Well damn... since SF didn't claim the drink... I am!! Cosmo babe and keep em coming!!

Congrats on the film!! Speaking role, did that earn you a SAG card? While both sound like very interesting roles, I vote for the second role, dark, mysterious, a bit more Geoffreyish.

I love it... Bad garbage... so that explains the stench that we always smell on them eh? Okay, my bad... I truly do apologize (cough cough!).

Anywho... good to see you and your smiling face here.

love, laughter and friendship, Lisa
It's good to see ya NYS. You always had the attitude of a survivor, so I was glad to see in your update that you are not just surviving, you are thriving!!

Wishing

W
W
Welcome to Surviving NYS!

The two lead roles are intriguing - which part is more like you and which is something you'd like to be for a while? Sounds like you'll enjoy it either way but it might be more fun to be something more opposite of yourself!

WCB

God grant me the serenity, to accept the things I cannot change, To change the things I can, And the wisdom to know the difference. - Reinhold Niebuhr
N
OP Offline
N
I'm leaning toward playing the guy who's on a journey for his soul. It sounds different, romantic, soulful.

That last film was non-SAG. There happened to be a SAG actor there though, helping out as a favor, anxious not to have his name in the credits lest he got in trouble with SAG. You could tell he was an experienced actor: he wore sunglasses, brought his own folding chair, and as soon as he got there he busied himself reading a newspaper and then took a nap until his call. And when anyone spoke to him, he answered by reciting lines from Broadway shows.

F
F
Hey there, NYSurvivor,

Welcome! Not glad you're hear but glad you're seeking support.

Ah, so you're an actor. That explains the gift for witty banter!

Sounds like you're doing fine so far.

Gabe

God heals the broken-hearted (Psalm 147:3)

Me: 44
W: 40
Separated 8/2011

S12
SD14
SS12
SD10
G
G
Good to hear from you again!! You helped me so much on my journey and I've kept your advise close to my heart and meditated on it so often.

I'm very glad to hear things are going good for you. Don't forget us common folks here when you become the next Tom Hanks!

Gwyn

Gwyn
Gwyn #803089 09/23/06 03:06 AM
N
OP Offline
N
I called that director back today and told her I'd like the "soul searcher" role and she said, "You know, that's the role I thought would be great for you".

So, filming begins in February. In the meantime, there's a premiere of this last film in November that she's invited me too, and that sounds like fun. Geez, how often is anyone of us invited to a premiere of a film they're in, ya know? Gotta love it when it happens.

We spoke today. I mentioned how I had written a song similar to the theme of that character ("Una Cancion Que Oi"... you can hear it at www.myspace.com/jackwest1 Let me know what you think of it). That led to a conversation where she asked me if I'd also be interested in scoring the music for her new film.

No, I'm not an actor by trade, nor a composer. Just something that happened while GAL, which just goes to show what can happen.

Love-life wise, still getting knocked around. Purposefully moving forward though, still believing that whoever she is, we'll cross paths someday. True, there are many moments I have of existential angst, but I try to buffer them by realizing truths of my life that beg to differ factually from my imagined fears.

D
D
Hey NY. Good to see you again. Just wanted to say Hi. B

Each experience in life has formed me, become part of me, made me stronger.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard