Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
OP Offline
S
Back home from LA... first off LA is no longer home. It's just another big city to visit. So much has changed, I barely recognized the place. But it was good to go back and relive the days. Chris was the perfect host and we went to all the spots and took in as much as we could.

Before I left, I ended things with C. Sorry for those that were cheering us on... but in hindsight even reading here I wasn't there with him. I was more or less forcing myself to feel something that I just could not. To explain it best... as I have to my friends. I want the passion that I had experienced with Dave, the good and the bad. I just didn't feel it with C. Okay, not that I wanted him to be Dave but at the very least I wanted my heart to skip a beat or two or feel something. Other things came into play as I got to know him more and he just wasn't someone I could see myself spending the rest of my life with so why waste each other's time any further... there's been a bit of drama since I ended it and I've actually had to completely cut ties with him. Not my style but when the man threatens to find me in LA... well...

Onto the news of the day... got a call yesterday inquiring if I had been in contact with Dave and his folks. Apparently Dave has fallen yet again, but this time in a big way. Taking off and disappearing. His parents after 40yrs are divorcing. I was in tears yesterday. I knew the stress they were under from all of this past year... that was why I had felt it best to end contact with them earlier this year. His dad had the heartattack last year in the midst of it all and when we talked I knew that there was great stress and division between the two of them over Dave. But no, while my heart wants to reach out to them all I cannot. There is nothing I can do or say today to help any of them. But I can feel the pain and hurt for them and so I allowed myself to feel it as an observer and nothing more. So sad...

Anyway, not to worry... I am doing quite well. I honestly feel as though I am finally finding my way. I found the strength to end something I knew wasn't right and that's more than I have ever done when it came to Rs in the past. So I truly have grown.

If you want to see pics of this weekend:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v694/beautycafe/

In the picture are some shots of a house with stairs. It's very moving for me as Chris has been in a wheelchair and braces since his plane accident in 91. He has to climb 40 sets of stairs to his house...

Hugs and kisses to everyone!! Have a great weekend.

love, laughter and friendship, Lisa
Lisa,
Sorry about C, but good for you for recognizing that it wasn't what you wanted and ending it!!! I had to do the same thing a few months ago with someone I'd been dating for several months. He wasn't nasty about it at the time, but now he won't even speak to me.

WOW!!! Chris is a great looking guy and it looks like you two did lots of fun stuff!!! Glad you're back!!!!

Jill

N
N
Nice photos!

T
T
Lisa, Glad you had a great time in LA. Understanding how much you have grown is a great thing. I see it in myself and I am amazed at the changes. I am trying to get some new pics scanned to put on MySpace. Some of me, some of C and me, and some old ones of the past TD. I am glad you are doing well.

Keep your view possitive and your world will be.

TD

TwinDragon
Thread #11-Dragon, flying - evaluating his world.
S
S
Hi Lisa,

Sorry to hear about Dave and all his drama. You are right to stay detached, even though you do care about these people.

I loved the dog video! Thanks for cheering me up with it.

You were right to end it with C. I understand what you mean about the passion. You deserve it. Keep looking.

Hugs,

Spitfire

Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks ya'll for your love, friendship and support as usual!! Where would I be without you guys?? Probably drowning in a bottle of Jack with dear old Wanker ;-)

Life is good... I'm learning that while we may lose the drama of the WAS, drama does seem to follow us through our everyday lives (or at the very least mine!!) but it's all in how we handle situations how far we let the drama go.

Recently a man that has been trying to get me to pick up his product line put serious and I mean serious moves on me. Sight unseen this man has proposed marriage, uh huh and he's quite serious, he's looking for a wife and just so happens I happen to fit the bill of what he's looking for, I'm a woman (and yes he has his US cizenship!!)... Yeah, ya'll can get up off the floor now!! LOL! While trying my best to maintain a business relationship I've firmly tried to explain that I'm off the dating market for the time being but thank you for your interest and offer. So, that approach did not work. Now I have Kim answering the phone at the shop when he calls... never a dull moment in my life, I swear. How do I get myself into these freaking messes to begin with? Yeah, I'm too nice, easily misread (I think this will take a BigAl lecture!!)... so maybe it's time for a Lisa makeover to become a cold hearted beyotch!!! Whatcha guys think?? Is it possible? Or maybe I'll just become the resident DB Wild Child and go and have a MLC... who knows... after last weekend that might not be too shabby of an idea... table top dancing with the gals, yuppers. Life is definitely too short to be miserable to quote my dear friend Chris. I think he has that right!!

Hugs and kisses...

Lisa,
If we were to put some of our stories together and write a book, I'm pretty sure we'd have a best seller!!!!

S
OP Offline
S
WOW it's been awhile since I've been on here.

Mish had the baby on October 31. He's probably the most beautiful baby boy I have EVER EVER seen.

Been hanging out with the girls as usual... the weekend before last we were out and this weird feeling over took me, and I turned to one of my friends and said McDreamy is going to be here... of course then I had to explain about who McDreamy was and by the time I finished my short story, I looked up and there he was standing in front of me. I just about fell over and especially after talking with him and finding out that he hadn't been out in months as he had a nasty concussion playing hockey... wow... anyway, we chatted all night. Damn he's still so freaking hot and still very much McDreamy... What's wrong with me???? He invited me to a Stars game and wants to come see me play darts. We'll see.

Oh, and I signed back up for Match. Decided to go outside the box... I have my GF Kimmie picking out the guys for me. So far... disaster... went out to have coffee with a millionaire and I swear I was on a job interview with him an his TREO... I was waiting for him to ask for my tax returns. He was ready to move my shop, help me find a new house... BLAH BLAH...

But on a funny note... I got an email from a guy on Match in NC... he was as frustrated as me on there and saw my profile when doing a search for far far away. Go figure... he's from NY and moved there... anyway, we have a joke between us... that if neither of us find our Mr/Mrs Right by June 2008, we'll get married on June 28th... I definitely need to be writing that book. Everyone is laughing at me... I seem to find the guys geographically undesirable as desirable...

The best time lately, WCB was in town briefly and we hung out Sunday afternoon into the evening... so great seeing her and just hanging. Good for the soul!! Miss her already!!!

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard