Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks GEL. That is indeed far more than I needed to know. Maybe I'll win a bet sometime with that info. My head is crammed full of little tidbits of useless info. One more is always good.

Gone the carvings and those who left their mark.
Gone the kings and queens, now only the rats hold sway.
K
K
Balto,

Good for you. It is good to have some positive social plans when things are tough.

As for the Orioles - I went to a game a few weeks ago that they won by a wide margin. Maybe the whole season won't stink. We usually see the Bowie Baysox though.

Karen

G
G
Balto,

I'm the same way. My H can't believe some of the stuff I have stored in this brain o mine LOL. If you asked him that same question he probably wouldn't have remembered any of that....but that man can retrieve technical info about any aircraft from his brain at any given moment LOL.

I just joke with him and tell him I'm full of trivial information....or something anyway LOL.

GEL

Well behaved women rarely ever make history!
L
L
can't believe some of the stuff I have stored in this brain o mine
That is my H too! He has the bizarre ability to remember names of VERY minor celebrities and can basically name any member of any band. It's frightening really.
Talk about useless trivia!

B
OP Offline
B
I know every phone number of every childhood friend for the phones they had at the time. Once I know a phone number I know it forever. If only this was a marketable skill.

N
N
Balt,

I'm not good at following much of what goes on here so please excuse me if I have things wrong.

You're hurting. That much is plain. It also sounds like you're intentionally causing pain to your spouse. Is this your intent? If she's afraid to open up is it likely that turning the screws will give you success?

What was her family of origin like? Is/was there alcoholism there? What are her siblings like?

Michele, in her SSM book, mentions that as a HD person we gather all sorts of reasons and studies and present it to our LD spouse to demonstrate our superior position and flawless logic, but for some strange reason, that doesn't make our spouse want to make love to us.

I hear your frustration. I, too, have howled at the uncaring moon and stars over the rejected desire so much a part of my heart. But, when it comes to your spouse know what you're dealing with.

B
OP Offline
B
Quote:

It also sounds like you're intentionally causing pain to your spouse. Is this your intent? If she's afraid to open up is it likely that turning the screws will give you success?

I don't think I'm intentionally causing pain. I'm simply learning (very slowly) not to put my hand on the hot stove.
Quote:

What was her family of origin like? Is/was there alcoholism there? What are her siblings like?

No alcoholism except maybe one brother the last few years. She is the 5th of 6. Her siblings are all reserved emotionally.

Balto, sorry you're hurting so much.

you said
Quote:

I haven't picked up that book and to be honest I'm a bit burned out on the relationship books.

Come to Your Senses is NOT a relationhip book. It is not about fixing relationships or fixing anyone or even fixing yourself. It's about finding and affirming that you are not broken and do not need fixing. It will help you differentiate from your spouse in an indirect way. It doesn't address relationship problems directly.

B
OP Offline
B
Actually Tom I partially recant my last statement to you regarding inflicting pain. While our last talk was for the most part calm and civil I did let one snide remark slip (hey, only one is an improvement on my past behavior). We were talking about possible future scenerios, together and apart. I said "I'm sure you aren't one of those romantics who believe there is one and only one special person for them". She said "Yes I am". God help me but I replied with "Well when you meet him let me know so I can move out". I guess that was less than helpful and uncalled for.

K
K
Balto,

Big ouch! What did she say?

Karen

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard