Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#700134 04/21/06 10:54 AM
3K451 Offline OP
OP Offline
I realized it's been a while since I've even posted...gosh I've been so busy.

I read around here every now and again, but time has been just slipping away from me.

My ex is still a whacko from beyond the pale, my kids are all gone except for one-half kid (she has one foot out of my home, one foot in lol), and I'm amazed at how much things have changed for the better for me over the past three years. I can't believe it's been nearly four years since I've joined this board.

Since starting my own business, I really don't think I could be much happier. I work my fanny off, but it's reaping its rewards finally. Got quite a few offers for work, and it's going well. So I'm planning now to refund my retirement accounts that I had to liquidate because of the messy nightmares my ex put us through.

I've dated off and on, met some good ones, some bad ones, and some undescribable ones. All minor nuisances really lol. Seeing someone now who's very different from anyone I've met and it's going very well. But we can only live in the present moment and this moment's good. I've learned through all of this that we are and we experience exactly what we think and what we believe. So for what it's worth, if there's any newbies out there just going through that D journey, believe in yourself and believe you can have the life you really want. Keep your chin up and don't let the b@st@rds win...

Never in a million years would I have dreamed that I could be happy after ending a M that lasted well over 20 years. But looking back, I can see what some serious craziness can do to a person--my ex is a serious addict and the sitiuation was starting to rope me into his strange thinking. He beleived in nothing except what it was he wanted and demanded--thought everyone needed to kiss his butt. Became a very mean, dark, and self-centered person because of it all. I refused to let that suck me into that kind of world. He's probably still out there with his addict bimbo, licking his wounds, and wondering why he's where he is at. He is just not a nice person, too manipulative.

I hear from a lot of bb members offline...I gotta admit, this place was a godsend for me, I've made incredible friends along the way and it's helped me to build a life that I once thought wasn't possible. The best thing...it only gets better with time!

S
S
Hey Keys I'll second that! I'm 4 1/2 years post bomb and while sitting on the beach on South Padre Island a couple of weeks ago (having a cool refreshment of course), it hit me how far I had come and how lucky I was, my life is bigger and better than it ever was! You can dwell on the negatives, or move forward, on to bigger and better things!
Glad to hear your doing so well! You deserve it! C.

Every day above ground is a good one!
Hi KB!

Just a quick hello since I'm running out of time. 4.5 years for me as well. Things are going swimmingly for the most part. Some things I'm not sure you ever really get over but you do put them in the past. Life goes on. It is for the living. Hope your "special" new person enriches your life.

Barb

A "new person", hmmmmmmm? Good for you!!!!

KB, I'm so glad I got to meet you in Toledo and we'll definitely put together a Lake MI weekend this summer.

Glad to hear all is well with you. My life is going swimmingly also. The shrink and I are still doing whatever the hell we're doing and it's all good. Off to Tahiti in a week!!!

3K451 Offline OP
OP Offline

More later, maybe. I've been way too busy to even hang out here much. Most of my email gets responded to while I'm working hee hee. I gotta work this weekend and have plans for tomorrow.

Life it does go on. Take our lumps, take a lesson, and move on to something that works.

Um yeah, this new guy is a good thing. I'm good with it. He can deal with a smart aleck like me pretty good.

Qoe, enjoy that trip. I'm jealous. Yeah, let's plan something this summer. We had so much fun last fall...and then we can always be cowgirls too

3K451 Offline OP
OP Offline
...I'm dancing in the streets....

Well that surgery that I was supposed to need is no longer needed!

Yeah!! I hate needles, doctors, and all that medical stuff.

Long story short, the cyst shrunk on its own with the course of progesterone! I ended up having to delay the procedure because of changes in my health care provider--they dropped the hospital I was going to use and had to find another gyn doc who would do it out of another local hospital. I got the new doc and a consult with him yesterday. He saw nothing but a possible grape sized cyst!!

So...we both decided the best course of action was to remain on the HRT and just let this run its course since I've never had any pain since this started. We'll just continue to monitor it with ultrasounds, one in June and one towards the end of the year and a check up again within six months or so.

This never was a "bad" thing in that the cyst was always thought to be a simple fluid filled cyst--nothing cancerous or "bad" was ever found, and I've had now three ultrasounds and two biopies (one yesterday) that confirm it. I'll have biopsy results later this week, but so far so good!

Life just keeps getting better and better.

And I'm off again! I'll be seeing newguy tonight, need to clean up around here, and get ready for another busy week. I've picked up a second contract in addition to the one I have with the state, this time with a large international research firm that's headquartered here in SW Ohio. It's only part-time and should last only about 8 weeks. But, it's lucrative and I'm really interested in this piece of work.

KB: Glad to hear you have such good news. I'm sure this comes as a wonderful relief.

I'm off to clean and tidy house today too. Having a fairly "easy" weekend. Have fun with New Guy tonight.

Barb

Hi Keyz,

So glad to hear that the cyst doesn't have to be operated on even though it wasn't supposed to be dangerous. Surgery can always mean some risk.

You sound great - quite joyful. Wonderful to hear that. Are all the girls good? Still have the half a kid in and out of the house? That's a funny stage - I've had that with a couple of my boys and it's actually an easier way to get used to the empty nest. Of course, I didn't know how empty it was going to get until the father left.

Still would like to meet you one day. I had always planned to get in my leased car and throw some miles on it by driving around the country to meet some "board" people - or at least travel to some get-togethers. Maybe this year.

Take care,

Lib

Hey Lib!

I'm going to be in Sturbridge, Mass for the first couple of days in June, hoping to meet Dottie at that time. I'm there at a Minis convention but could manage a dinner out together. I'm not sure how close you are but its a thought.

Barb

3K451 Offline OP
OP Offline
Barb, thanks. I'm sitting here actually trying to get VPN connection to somewhere, and it ain't working. Oh well...let the network geeks worry about it. I hate cleaning!! As soon as I can afford it, I'm hiring a cleaning service to come in once a month or so. But I'm running laundry as I await the geeks.

Lib, I'm always zipping around somewhere. If you're ever headed south and west, let me know. I'm probably pretty far south for you to drive down to (between Dayton and Cincinnati) but no highway has ever known me to fear it...

I was hesitant about the surgery because this problem cropped out of nowhere and I was really having no pain. I tend to prefer being conservative where possible with medical treatments. We learned early on there was no cancer or life threatening condition. So in a way, the insurance situation probably stalled a doc who may have seen a way to make a few bucks!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard