Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
B
B
IAChild

You have been their for me, now is my time to do the same.

May you know that your Lord wants to have your spouse set free from
the bondages of sin that they have opened their lives to by being
either tempted or being tested. Our Lord God wants each of us to
have Him first in our lives. Today pray that your spouse's
spiritual eyes that are blinded by the world and Satan will see the
truth of God's good news. May we celebrate our Lord being alive
every day of our lives!

"I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold
of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant
for the people and a light for the Gentiles, to open eyes that
are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the
dungeon those who sit in darkness." Isaiah 42:6-7

"A man of knowledge uses words with restraint, and a man of understanding is even-tempered. Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue." Proverbs 17:27-28
A
amd Offline
A
Does D16 have plans for after HS?

amd
W
WCW Offline
W
Nevanna and H2H, thanks for the thoughts. I've known for a long time when it's not time to talk, I have more trouble with when it is time. Mostly, it would be nice if H would just say, hey how's your day? OH well, wishful thinking.

Sorry about the hijack, Martha. Glad you're safe after the big storms. The neighborhood I live in is nicknamed Tornado Alley, seems every year someone loses barns and buildings.
Hope it's a short season!

Live your life while you are still living.
Riding the trail less traveled.
N
N
WCW,

Do you ask your husband how his day is??

Sorry, couldn't resist. You don't need to wait for him. Start initiating. Whatever fills up his love tank. It may take some time to sink in, but when it does, there's a wonderful reciprocation.

Okay, so when is it time to talk? Well, still not yet.

DH and I, interestingly, had a conversation about this awhile back. About how R talks are practically the kiss of death in the early stages of rebuilding. Keep in mind, we've been reconciled for close to two years now, and we only occasionally broach this subject. (And usually don't discuss it for long.) Anyway, until there's a lot of good, safe feelings on both sides, it generally just serves to undermine.

I think it focuses on the negative. I really believe the key to rebuilding a relationship is creating new, positive memories and time together. You get enough of those in there, and eventually, the hurt becomes much more distant. This has worked very well for me.

You can talk about other stuff to create intimacy, especially if you are like me--I find deep conversations to be very connecting. Some of my favorite times with DH are just driving around in the car, talking philosophically.

Have I beat this horse into the ground yet?

Now that I have thoroughly hijacked...

[color:"purple"]Nevanna[/color]
W
WCW Offline
W
Nevanna, I used to ask, and it just seemed to build tension. He thought it meant that I wanted to know where he was, who was with, what the conversation was....... and he resented it.
I do agree with the rest of your thoughts, creating new, positive memories. Just the other day I even heard H tell an old story that was a good time for both of us. There are little pieces here and there that I could be hopeful about, it's the other big chunks that are so discouraging. At least general conversation is coming back, it's not quite so guarded again.

No more beating horses here! Martha will come back and bring PETA with her!

Live your life while you are still living.
Riding the trail less traveled.
B
B
"But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and
more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation
all day long, though I know not its measure. I will come and
proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign LORD; I will proclaim your
righteousness, yours alone. . .Your righteousness reaches to the
skies, O God, you who have done great things. Who, O God, is like
you? Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you
will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will
again bring me up." Psalm 71:14-16;19-20

"A man of knowledge uses words with restraint, and a man of understanding is even-tempered. Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue." Proverbs 17:27-28
I
IAChild Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Bringing us back to our regularly scheduled program...

I received a shipment of new CD's I ordered. Yes, I have eclectic tastes. They included Earl Klugh, Van Morrison and Mary Chapin Carpenter.

I've been listening to the MCC CD first. Came across this song, and it reminded me of all of us here on this bb. It reminded me of all of us who have struggled with learning how to drop that damn rope. I hope you find some inspiration and perhaps a smile as I did:

"Almost Home"

I saw my life this morning
Lying at the bottom of a drawer
All this stuff I'm saving
God knows what this junk is for
And whatever I believed in
This is all I have to show
What the hell were all reasons
For holding on for such dear life
Here's where I let go

I'm not running
I'm not hiding
I'm not reaching
I'm just resting in the arms of the great wide open
Gonna pull my soul in
And I'm almost home

I saw you this morning
You were looking straight at me
From an ancient photograph
Stuck between letters and some keys
I was lost just for a moment
In the ache of old goodbyes
Sometimes all that we can know is
There's no such thing as no regrets
Baby it's all right

I'm not running
I'm not hiding
I'm not reaching
Gonna pull my soul in
And I'm almost home
There's no such thing as no regrets
But baby it's alright
I'm not running
I'm not hiding
I'm not reaching
Gonna pull my soul in
And I'm almost home

The line that really made me smile was the, "I'm just resting in the arms of the great wide open." I think that's where those of us who seem to finally "get" DR, or learn to make peace with whatever situation we find ourselves in, find ourselves. (Apologies for the redundancy.)

I have learned, once again, to "rest in the arms of the great wide open." In other words, I've learned to find a sense of peace of mind and heart in the fact that I have no control over what tomorrow brings. It is wide-open. I have stopped reaching in order to control that which is outside of me. I have pulled my soul in and learned to re-center on myself.

Good place to be, regardless of others.

Shalom, my friends,
M

Every Day a New Day
K
K
M,

You do have some eclectic tastes. I've been trying to find new musical traditions to enjoy. I picked up a metal CD, in Russian, a couple weeks ago. The music sounds great (if you like metal) but I understand about three words on the whole thing!
Quote:

I've learned to find a sense of peace of mind and heart in the fact that I have no control over what tomorrow brings.

Not there yet, but I feel I'm getting close.

Thanks,

Joe

My sitch
More importantly, Light A Million Candles
A
amd Offline
A
Quote:

I have learned, once again, to "rest in the arms of the great wide open." In other words, I've learned to find a sense of peace of mind and heart in the fact that I have no control over what tomorrow brings. It is wide-open. I have stopped reaching in order to control that which is outside of me. I have pulled my soul in and learned to re-center on myself.

Needed that today, Martha--thanks!

amd
M
M
I've learned to find a sense of peace of mind and heart in the fact that I have no control over what tomorrow brings. It is wide-open. I have stopped reaching in order to control that which is outside of me. I have pulled my soul in and learned to re-center on myself.

HOW??????????
matilda

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard