Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
#666578 03/10/06 08:15 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks for stopping white.

Comedian was VERY funny.

Tonight BF wants to watch Harry Potter! I'm so happy & excited! I get to watch it again. I'll go home, make some dinner. We'll have some ice cream.

Tonight we also have to clean because there is a showing tomorrow 1:30-2! Apparently this realtor has been in my condo before.

We have to clean tonight because I have to go to the doctor tomorrow morning. Just to refill a perscription.

Then I have to go to my stepdad's and do a water change on my fish tank, it's NASTY.

I'll also pick up my wedding dress so I can take pictures, try to get measurements and put it on Ebay.

I started working on XH's taxes. Talk about depressing. His refund will be at least 5 times what mine was. He has already said he'll split his refund with me. I'm being honest and figuring out his taxes without the mortgage refund and with it. Then whatever the difference is between the two, we will split.

Made the appointment to get the dog's cast off on the 21st! Less than 2 weeks!

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
#666579 03/13/06 12:28 AM
Hey TMW, Caught ur post to Barb about ur trip. Just got done taking the exact same one, if you want to know how it went, or an opinion , send me an email. chloe041@yahoo.com

Duck

#666580 03/13/06 01:44 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Finally got through Harry Potter for the 2nd time with BF. We tried to watch it Friday and he fell asleep, tried to watch it Saturday and fell asleep and Sunday we got through it.
Had a showing on Sunday.

Trying to win tickets to the Sports, Travel and Outdoor show & for the Autorama. (Which I just got an email that I got tickets for the Sports, Travel & Outdoor show)

Crappy morning - BF probably isn't working with his "friends" anymore. They sort of screwed him over. Friday as he was leaving work they told him that they were working Saturday - but he already made plans to help 1 of his friends move. Then Saturday night after 10pm they send him a text message that they are working Sunday. Also - bare in mind that last week he told them that he didn't have money to put gas in his truck, so 1 of the guys was going to give rob his car for this week. Well, nothing last night, nothing this morning. When BF got up - it was pouring and hailing. He figured no work, plus no way to get to work. Around 8 the 1 guy calls asking BF where he is. BF tells him that he's been trying to call this guy all weekend, plus he has no way to get to work. They guy starts yelling at BF and then told BF to have me give him money/put gas in the truck - so BF told him I have no money. The guy hung up on him! So, BF is going to try to find work today. He doesn't think that the other guys will even pay him for the work he did last week - which I told him he could file a claim in small claims court or something.

Then I turned the news on and seen the weather - the sky looks ready for a tornado, it is about 60 degrees right now, but will be in the 30's by tonight. Then I heard about a rash of break-ins in the city where my stepdad lives.

Talked with Xh this morning. Let him know about the showing yesterday. He said he would call or text message me with the amount he spent on medical insurance/prescriptions/doctors visits last year. He questioned how much he is getting back - which is a LARGE amount. I assured him I will triple check the figures with 2 different electronic filings before anything gets filed.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
#666581 03/13/06 05:11 PM
T
OP Offline
T
So, I'm going to be putting my wedding dress up on Ebay. I have to wait for some wedding pictures to be scanned, since I don't have a scanner at the moment. BF's brother took a few pics to scan. I looked at ebay auctions and wedding dress auctions that have a picture of someone wearing the dress sell much better than those dresses that are pictured just on the hanger.

Also, my dad sent me an interesting email - IS BF GOING TO CONFIRM HIS JOB, WILL HE CALL AND SEE IF HE WILL WORK
TOMORROW ? IF HE IS, I MIGHT STOP BY TONIGHT WITH AN ENVELOPE FOR YOU GUYS

I replied asking what that meant? And I'm waiting for a reply.

Oh - anyone here watch the Sopranos? I can't afford HBO right now, so I stuck to my normal Sunday night schedule of Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy - but I read some highlights this morning! OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I can't wait to read a full recap!

#666582 03/13/06 08:51 PM
P
P
Hey Girl
I see you are still making excuses for the boyfriend.
I am not going to give you any advice.
When you get tired of being in the situation you are in, you will change it.
Hope you have a great night.
God Bless

[color:"red"][b]Pam[b][/color]
#666583 03/13/06 09:25 PM
TMW,
I'm with Pammie on this.

My opinion tho is that BF should have worked both days. Right now his job is more important than helping a friend. If he didn't have gas money, that is not his employers responsibility. You BF could have taken a bus or begged a ride from someone. There were lots of alternatives if he'd chosen to work.

I'm thinking that he's not a good worker and this was the "out" they needed to let him go. Also, I'm curious as to why you would think he could remember instructions that his boss gave him if he can't recall conversations he has with you 5 minutes ago.

TMW, you really have to get out of this mess. BF is dragging you down. You have more patience than he deserves. You've given him every opportunity and he keeps screwing up. As long as it took him to get this job, how long will it take to find another?

Grrrrrrr, I'd like to kick his butt for being so irresponsible!!!!

#666584 03/13/06 11:58 PM
You say they screwed him over, but that's not how it sounds. They wanted him to work, he said no because he had plans with a friend. (??? this from a man who needs to work and earn money???) Then he thinks it's THEIR problem that he does not have gas money? I don't think so.

Hey, if you told Borders you spent your money on Harry Potter, and could not come to work because you did not have gas money, do you think it would be THEIR responsibility to come get you, or loan you a car? Or YOUR responsibility to find a ride to work?

Your BF accepted a job, which includes the terms that they'll let him know the night before whether he's working the next day. He did not uphold his part of the deal. They wanted him to work, he would not. I do not think they screwed him over one bit.

#666585 03/14/06 12:57 AM
TMW: BG has one letter on his forehead - its an "L". As long as you wear rose coloured glasses, the L can't be seen. Please wake up and smell the coffee. We have all been trying to tell you for some time now but you just don't want to hear.

Barb

#666586 03/14/06 02:49 AM
W
W
TMW,

If your dad gives you some money, make sure you use it for yourself!

Take care...eye twitching gone for me...Guess I've mellowed out.

#666587 03/15/06 12:40 PM
N
N
TMW did you find out what your Dad's message meant?

As for BF, something struck me reading about his last episode... I wonder if you go back through your posts how many times you would see the words "_____ screwed him over". Getting screwed over seems to happen to that boy a lot.

I have been good and not mentioned this in a while... but have you given any more thought to keeping the condo and getting a paying room mate? I know that XH does not want you to do that, but so what he may just have to suck it up since the Condo does not seem to be selling.

Also could you really rent something on your own that would be less than half of the mortgage payment?

Just thought I would mention it again, you should give it some thought.

Me 54
DS19 and DS17
Married 06/1989
Divorced 01/2011
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard