Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
Feel free to add your own...

"Love has the power of making you believe what you would normally treat with the deepest suspicion." - Mirabeau

"I love being married. It's so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life." - Rita Rudner

"Do not marry a man to reform him. That is what reform schools are for." - Mae West

"If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?" - unknown

"A bride at her second wedding does not wear a veil. She wants to see what she is getting." - Helen Rowland

"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering one must not love. But then one suffers from not loving. Therefore to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer. To suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love. To be happy then is to suffer. But suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore, to be unhappy one must love, or love to suffer, or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down." - Woody Allen, Love and Death

~April I'm not with stupid anymore. Dimples
T
T
Oh! I LOVE quotes!

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.

As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you own probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things an old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back.

Cherish yesterday, dream about tomorrow, and love today!

God has not been trying an experiment on my faith or love in order to find out their quality. He knew it already. It was I who didn't. In this trial he makes us occupy the dock, the witness box and the bench all at once. He always knew that my temple was a house of cards. His only way of making me realize that was to knock it down.

There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.

Every oak tree started out as a couple of nuts that stood their ground.

At some point we all have to choose between what is easy and what is right.

"If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings--nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much,
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!"

"Do not pursue the past.
Do not lose yourself in the future.
The past no longer is.
The future has not yet come.
Looking deeply at life as it is
in the very here and now,
the practitioner dwells
in stability and freedom."

Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

"Of course it's hard! It's supposed to be hard! It's the hard that makes it great. If it weren't hard, everyone would do it."

It is wisdom to see through the eyes of the heart.

The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places."

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.

Love doesn't just sit there, like a stone, it has to be made, like bread, re-made all the time, made new."

Thanks for letting me share.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
N
N
Love can mend a broken heart
But can Duck Tape. It's cheaper in the long run and may be reusable.

"All I want is a weeks pay for a day's work"
Steve Martin

K
K
"Love is not enough. It must be the foundation, the cornerstone, but not the complete structure. It is much too pliable, too yielding."

Bette Davis

"I'm not a smart man, but I know what love is."

Forrest Gump

"Love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other."

Rainer Maria Rilke

"Three afflictions have no shame: Love, Itch, and Thirst."

YAIP

"Just between us
I think it's time for us to recognize
the differences we sometimes fear to show
Just between us
I think it's time for us to realize
the spaces in between
leave room
for you and I to grow."

Rush, Entre Nous