Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
TC Offline
T
Let me join in with the other "old-timers" and say CONGRATULATIONS to you both!!! I am so happy for you. Your son sounds like he is doing great, and I know how honored you must have been when he said YOU were his hero. May God continue to bless all 3 of you...TC

Cyndi! So great to hear from you! I'm so so happy that you and Paul are getting married Oct.1. That is such great news! It sounds like you both have made a wonderful life for yourselves. CK says congrats to both of you!

We are doing well too. Also in a much smaller house, but filled with lots of love. We've been together now for over five years and he's been living here for three. Wouldn't trade our life together for anything. We are both very happy. No wedding bells for us though. At this point, it's just a matter of getting that paperwork done and that'll happen eventually when the timing is right. No rush. Clark finishes up grad school this April and is thinking of starting up his own business after that.

My ex though, is getting married to Slutilla finally after 6yrs of on and off again. There is a Sept.24 date. They bought themselves an 800K house on the water. So I guess the doc and the nurse are doing well financially. I felt nothing when I found out and in fact we had a long conversation the other day in which I actually wound up congratulating him. As long as he meets his obligations, by paying me and paying for my d. college ed, what he does and who he does it with I don't care. We actually are getting along pretty well and are able to work together where our kids are concerned. It's easier I guess since our "kids" are now 27 and 21. I still have a hard time making small talk with Susan. My daughter actually likes her now and last year when her dad and her took her up to college, they went shopping for stuff. I admit it felt yucky, but I try to look at the positive, that at least she treats my d. well. It has gotten easier for me with time, but I don't know if I can ever get to the point of being one big happy family. Maybe that's unrealistic. But I think of WW and how her family was able to do that. I know it would be easier for the kids around the holidays etc.

Your ex's email was very revealing! Seems like he finally realized how he screwed up a good thing. Never heard similar words from my ex, and probably never will. And at this point I don't know if it even matters anymore.

Hopeful is having her party the weekend of Oct. 15-16. Do you think you guys could make it? We'd love to see you, if you guys can make it.

love,
MC & CK

CC Offline
I agree with Livingwell, your ex knows he made mistakes. He has to live with them.

I'm so glad you and Paul are happy Cyndy. You are an example to all that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I just can't resist an old gf party.

The shadow reminds me so much of the mole's cousin and his X (who I am great friends with). He called her not too long ago and asked her why she gave up so quickly. She said, well, you cheated, etc. Then he calls her and says lose 20 lbs, die your hair brunette and we can date. Huh? She's smart and also dating someone and just tells him to get lost. Funny thing, I'm a little jealous that she at least gets that much... oh well!

Now, my X, he has gotten a new name from some friends of mine... Jello-shot man. Sad, but very true and probably more accurate than the mole these days.

I love happy endings... Thanks Cyn!

crisch Offline OP
OP Offline
Frosty, Jello-Shot Man. Wow, there’s a title to aspire to. Does he have the same super powers as Drinking Beer on the Porch Til I’m Sloshed Man?

Friend, how are things with you? Did your XH have his knees finally disintegrate completely from groveling?

MaryC, I didn’t recognize your story at first until the Clark reference. You are so much better than I am as a person. I don’t have the ability to small talk and chit chat with the Shadow and really don’t care to much about having him in the same state that I am. How funny is that? I told Paul it’s not one of my more attractive qualities. He just laughs and says, “Remind me to never cheat on you, move you out of your house and job, dump a bit of unemployment in your lap, and hurt your son…” Does it bother you at all that your XH has the big successful career that you helped him to achieve while putting your own on hold? I’m bothered still and maybe I can learn from your example. I think it’s because I’m turning 40 this year and I’m thinking about how underfunded my retirement is and how the dream of early retirement will remain just a dream, blah, blah, blah. Oh, the joys of getting D’d. Enough of my pity party!

Darn, I just checked the calendar and we have a wedding shoot the weekend of Gail’s get together! Such is the life of the wedding photographer. Kiss those weekends goodbye! I’m bummed about missing it because I have some great memories of the 3 get togethers I went to….the plastic wrap on the breakfast casserole will forever live in my mind. I chuckle each time I make the breakfast casserole now. Cathy47 imitating her son doing the pee-pee dance…. Pearl describing her stealthy trip into the night to see her hubby wearing a “thong-nicker”….

Ok, drink a margarita for me and a Corona for Paul! And know that we are with you in spirit.

I’d love to be able to say that the Shadow’s letter didn’t impact me at all. Not so. I was a mess for about 2 weeks doubting my actions pre-divorce and double-guessing if I was doing the right thing for S, etc, etc. Then I remembered that this was the Shadow’s favorite game: Suck Cyndy In. Kind of like Ashley on Gone with the Wind. As Scarlet discovered, he was too much of a coward to stand up and admit that it wasn’t going to happen with the two of them and if Scarlet had only knew, she could have had a successful relationship with Rhett (GWTW is my sister’s favorite movie and she would make us watch it every time it was broadcast on TV, can you tell?)

My stance was “Screw Ashley”. The guy was too whoosy.

Shadow = Ashley

Anyways, he’s finally getting married over Thanksgiving weekend this year. Long story short: He pushed back his wedding about 10 times from the original 2003 date. For what reason I do not know nor care. I just laugh about it.

Hmmm, I wonder if he’ll want Paul to photograph his wedding….

Crish,

Yea, Divorce is just a blast. And it's never ending too. But life does get better............enjoy!

crisch

I remember you well, very well. You and your S ran for me in a run for breast cancer. It's very good to hear from you. I had and still often think about all of you. Congratulations on the upcoming marriage. I'm glad that you have found happiness.

I'm a bit envious of many here. My H and I are going to go a few rounds in front of a judge. If he thinks I'm letting him screw out of anything, he's nuts. Well he is nuts, however, he should know me better than to think he's going to screw me. This is something I do have some sort of control over.

I'm happy for you and for the rest of you folks. You've made it out the other side and ya'l sound very positive. I'd rather be an oldtimer than a newcomer. That's for sure.

I haven't visited this site in weeks and am glad I did because I spotted this thread.

Cyndy, I am so pleased for you and Paul. I wish you both every happiness.

My girls and I are all well, and I ask for no more.

Love to all, Credo

P
P
Cyndy and Paul
I don't post much much on the board these days.
Wow! do I ever remember you guys.
Congrats on your up-coming marriage.
You guys deserve the best life has to offer.
Glad to hear Paul and your son has a great relationship.
Sounds like you are enjoying working with Paul on the side in his photgraphy
You guys have a great future ahead of you.
Take Care
God Bless

[color:"red"][b]Pam[b][/color]
MY TURN!

Crisch sneaks around behind my back and posts for two weeks before mentioning it. Hears from all these old frinds and doesn't pass on ANYTHING!!!!!

Hello all,

I'll chime in here and state that Rondo was right....
Crisch is " a challange". But I love her.

What have I learned post divorce and pre-marriage?

Life takes some interesting turns. The unexpected always happens no matter how much you plan for otherwise.

there I was, divorced, selling my house, going off to seminary to be a minister, pretty set in my ways and feeling pretty full of myself.

then I meet a pair of blue eyes on top of some killer legs and presto- change-O my life heads off on a new adventure.

I am much better off than if I'd gone to seminary, I have learned much nore about God and life than any amount of theology would hyave been able to teach me.

I am living a dream, photographing weddings full time and working part time at Starbucks where I get free coffee,( at work) more free coffee ( one pound a week to take home), and still more free coffee ( grounds to take home for the garden)

I have not heard from my ex-wife, nor heard anything about her. I am certain that her midlife personality adjustment proceeds on without my help or hindrence to its course.
I truly want her to be happy. I hope that her biker boyfriend and her Harley fill her heart with joy... but I doubt that it is happening.

I still fight depression....my recent reading has revealed that people like us experience a form of PTSD (Post traumatic stress disrder) We will always fight to maintain our balance after the horrible experience we have undergone. No amount of fine living or succeeding will ever erase the scars on our being. We must not fear this, we must simply learn to cope with it while we go on with life.

Anway, I am through talking for now.... back to working on wedding proofs.

check out the website design Cyndy did for us at www.paulmeyerphotography.com

thanks all

Paul

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard