Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
H
The hitachi magic wand, um see, it is a massager, yeah for umm, back rubs yeah back rubs, and errr, sore muscles.. yeah.

Seriously, good fun, and dosent look like a penis.

#499845 07/07/05 05:28 PM
H
H
Just checking in and hoping that you and yours are safe.

My prayers are with all of those in London today.

#499846 07/09/05 03:34 PM
S
S
Here is a slideshow on the history of the vibrator, care of Slate.

I copied an interesting blurb:
Quote:

The use of vulvular massage as a therapy for "hysterical" patients dates back to Hippocrates. During the 19th century, it caught on as a treatment for the rampantly diagnosed afflictions hysteria and neurasthenia. The doctor of Alice James, the sickly sister of the famous Henry and William, probably brought her routinely to "hysterical paroxysm."

Those doctors didn't know what they were doing, but they knew they were onto something. I like the phrase "hysterical paroxysm." Very descriptive.

SM

"If we will be quiet and ready enough, we shall find compensation in every disappointment."
Henry David Thoreau
#499847 07/09/05 05:43 PM
M
M
Quote:

HYSTERIA

by: T.S. Eliot (1888-1965)

AS she laughed I was aware of becoming involved
in her laughter and being part of it, until her
teeth were only accidental stars with a talent
for squad-drill. I was drawn in by short gasps,
inhaled at each momentary recovery, lost finally
in the dark caverns of her throat, bruised by
the ripple of unseen muscles. An elderly waiter
with trembling hands was hurriedly spreading
a pink and white checked cloth over the rusty
green iron table, saying: "If the lady and
gentleman wish to take their tea in the garden,
if the lady and gentleman wish to take their
tea in the garden ..." I decided that if the
shaking of her breasts could be stopped, some of
the fragments of the afternoon might be collected,
and I concentrated my attention with careful
subtlety to this end.

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver
#499848 07/09/05 06:23 PM
Origin of the word "hysteria":
Quote:

Main Entry: hys·te·ria

Etymology: New Latin, from English hysteric, adjective, from Latin hystericus, from Greek hysterikos, from hystera womb; from the Greek notion that hysteria was peculiar to women and caused by disturbances of the uterus

1 : a psychoneurosis marked by emotional excitability and disturbances of the psychic, sensory, vasomotor, and visceral functions

2 : behavior exhibiting overwhelming or unmanageable fear or emotional excess <political hysteria>

Quote:

hysterical- 1615, from L. hystericus "of the womb," from Gk. hysterikos "of the womb, suffering in the womb," from hystera "womb" (see uterus). Originally defined as a neurotic condition peculiar to women and thought to be caused by a dysfunction of the uterus. Hysterics is 1727; hysteria, abstract noun, formed 1801.

E
E
Hi SuperDave,

Just noticed that you posted here. I hope everybody in your family is safe and well after Thursday's bombing. My prayers are with you and all British. Don't know if I ever mentioned but I spent some very happy childhood years in England (lived both on and off US military bases) where my dad was stationed twice. In fact, I was born in England and have dual citizenship as a UK and US citizen (have a British birth certificate and a US Consular Report of Birth Abroad).

Just a quick note about the vibrators--H and I tried a couple out for fun but neither of us liked using them while ML. The "toys" or "aids" we regularly use are the Liberator pillows (especially since it gives us more face to face positions, which is our preference once again, as it facilitates kissing, eye contact, and tallking), lubricants, oils for massage, silk scarves and decent quality faux pearls made of glass (use your imagination).

Again, my prayers are with you.

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly be broken.
C. S. Lewis

#499850 07/09/05 08:37 PM
S
S
If I ever want to send my W over the edge (and I don't mean in a good way) during a fight, all I have to say is, "Please calm down, you're getting hysterical."

She knows quite well the derivation of that word, and takes it personally anytime anyone uses it to describe a woman's reaction to something.

My W, the radical man-hating feminist.

Sigh.

Hairdog

O
O
Liberator Pillow positions
Click on the name of a pillow and then click on a slide that interest you.

eyesopened, I am guseeing by looking at the slides, the wedge shaped pillows would be the most versatile for regular face to face positions.

E
E
OG,

We have the wedge and the ramp. The wedge gets the most use because it's more accessible since we keep it under the bed. If I could only have one of these pillows, it would be the wedge, but the ramp is nice, too, and next on our wish list is the scoop. We've used pillows since the beginning of our relationship but these work better for us than bed pillows and help with our height difference in some face to face positions since he's 5'11" and I'm 5'4", and "face to face" for us is inches from each other so we can kiss and whisper or talk softly to each other.

OG, I'm also posting this to your thread so as not to hijack SD's thread in case there's any more info you'd like.

Last edited by eyesopened; 07/10/05 02:07 AM.

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly be broken.
C. S. Lewis

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard