Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
jstx Offline OP
OP Offline
Hope everyone is enjoying their summer. Weather has been great here. Not much new to report but things are going pretty well.

W joined a sports league this summer which really surprised me. She's more of a stationary-activity kind of person...unless it's shopping. Anyway, she asked if I want to come watch and I've sort of become the unofficial scorekeeper. I count this as quality time. One of W's big complaints was that I never liked any of her friends. Not really true, but she won't accept that I was too busy or too tired so I'm just trying to change her perception.

I think it's working. She told me I'm a big hit with the "crowd" (I'm the only husband or boyfriend that shows up) and that seems to make her happy. I just smiled. Not sure what she expected. I've always thought of myself as a pretty nice guy ...guess she needs convincing.

Ah, life goes on. The kids are doing OK. YS is back home, still looking for a job and planning to go to school in the fall. One of his friends wants a change of scenery too and asked us about letting him stay here while he looks for a job if he relocates from Texas. Not a problem, although I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever be able to kick all the kids out of the house for good. They keep wanting to come back!

Anyway, overall life's pretty good. Still not working on a lot of issues. I think the plan is to ignore them and maybe they'll go away???? At least that's the impression I get from W. I'm trying to work with it. She still goes through bouts of depression every once in a while and I get worried. But she seems to like her job, the house, her friends and the neighborhood so I think that will pass.

In the meantime I manage. Did I mention that the weather here has been great?

Y'all have a great day!

jstx
MAL Offline
Hi there Big Guy.

Good to see you again.

I'm very proud of you for hanging in there all this time. Look at the progress in the past year? I know. I know. Snail's pace. But rewind a few years? And I think you'll see the amount of progress.

It's good that you support the sports thing. I'm sure you enjoy it. Have you played any ball yourself lately? What have you been doing to keep busy?

Maybe in her own way she is moving foward. Just not the way you thought it would be. Patience my friend.

And how is the job going? I don't think you've talked about that much.

Glad to hear you are doing well. And it's great to see you post.

This is just one of my quick fly by things, so I gotta run. Need some sleep.

Take care!

MAL

Me 47
Ex H 46
Bomb 9/02
D final 3/04
Ex H now married to OW

------------
This is surviving. There is no such thing as a normal life, there's just life. So get on with it and enjoy it!
K
kml Offline
K
JS -
Sounds like quality time is one of her love languages? And she may just be like some of the WAHs here in piecing, who just never do get around to talking it out.

Great to hear from you

Ellie

jstx Offline OP
OP Offline
Look at this! Two of my most favorite women. Thanks for dropping by MAL and Ellie. As always full of optimism.

Yep, things are going pretty good. I've definitely been keeping busy although not playing much softball since I took this job.

Work is going well, as always. I'm trying to make sure I get off at a reasonable hour though. Probably still spend too much time but I do try to leave by 6pm and I even if I'm beat, I never refuse to go out if W wants to do something. I have been thinking a little bit about retirement. I've got more than 20 years in and I've been told there are great opportunities out there if I decide to get a real job. Not in any big hurry though.

Recently, I've spent most of my time at the Home Improvement stores. Funny, I bought this house because it was all fixed up but we've managed to find things she wants to change. Between painting, changing plumbing fixtures, putting in new tile and kitchen countertops and digging a fish pond in the back, most of my evenings and weekends are full.

However, I did here her say the other day, that once we find the right fixtures for the Master bathroom, that room will be "done" so that'll be one room down!

Our latest adventure is boat shopping. There are a couple of little lakes around here and a lot of people have them, so we're looking. I've always had a canoe, but never really looked at a real boat. Once I get over the sticker shock, I guess that'll be our next purchase.

As always, I'm working on the patience thing...just hope my wallet... and my back can survive. I'm gettin' too old for some of this stuff.

You girls be good!

jstx
Quote:

so I'm just trying to change her perception.

I think it's working. She told me I'm a big hit with the "crowd" (I'm the only husband or boyfriend that shows up) and that seems to make her happy. I just smiled. Not sure what she expected. I've always thought of myself as a pretty nice guy ...guess she needs convincing.

Dude, you are awesome!!! My wife loves bragging on me too, I try to give her EVERY reason to... I found that doing some of the littelest things, (holdin her hand in public, opening doors, giving a wink, and sitting very very very very very 'did I say very?' close to her makes her happy to.) Something else I found out that she adors is going to a coffe shop after church and getting an ice coffee or something (I think she also digs the fact that my highschool sweetheart works at the coffee shop, and lets just say time has not be good to her).

JS, you did good my friend. You make it look easy and like it "just happened" however going through the post, one sees all the work that went in to it!!! My friend, I surmise the easy part is over... The hard part is putting everything in place each and every day... For better and for worse, good times and bad... Right now, I would say you have better days ahead!!!

Keep plugging away... I am proud ofyou and think you are a model of how to DB your bootay off!!!

Here is a suggestion... Go take her out for some Ice Cream this week, or for some other frozen treat!!!

Later and take care!

WW "I no longer WILL WIN since I HAVE WON!!"
jstx Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:

Dude, you are awesome!!!

I usually think so . Probably the only thing that kept me going through all this.

J/K (sort of). Things are looking much better. W seems to be doing OK. We seem to be doing OK. That's definitely a step up from the "hell" of a couple of years ago.

Speaking of ice cream, that and a movie are on the agenda tonight. She wants to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (WHY????) I want to see Wedding Chrashers or almost anything else...

Guess which one we are going to see???

You sound great Will. Thanks for stopping by and take care of yourself.

jstx
K
kml Offline
K
Quote:

She wants to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (WHY????) I want to see Wedding Chrashers or almost anything else...

LOL! We took D and her BF to see Willy Wonka Friday - while H and i saw Wedding Crashers (which was crude but funny ).
Actually, I can tell you why your wife wants to see Willy Wonka in 2 words - same reason as my D - Johnny Depp. Just don't get that Oompa-Loompa song stuck in your head!

Ellie

MAL Offline
Yes, the gals love J.D.

He's okay - not my cup of tea, but I can see why he's a hot item.

I haven't seen Wedding Crashers or Johnny yet, but we did go see War of the Worlds a couple weeks ago. I loved it. Pretty intense, but good. One of the few movies I'd probably pay to see again. BUT, I work for the local cable provider (free cable and movies on demand), so when I can I try to get it for free.

Dakota what's her name is in a lot of movies - the screaming thing in W.O.W. gets on your nerves after awhile, but she's pretty talented and successful for being so young.

Tom looked good as always, but he's not my favorite actor. He also has some opinions that I don't agree with, but that didn't come across in the movie.

I still loved the movie.

How are things going with you JS? Make a post when you can.

Me 47
Ex H 46
Bomb 9/02
D final 3/04
Ex H now married to OW

------------
This is surviving. There is no such thing as a normal life, there's just life. So get on with it and enjoy it!
jstx Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, look who came out of hibernation and posted on my thread. Hey Girl! Things sound busy in your neck of the woods.

Not much to report here. Things just sort of plod along. YS is still here, although he constantly talks of going down to stay with his sister and go to school down there. Funny, because D says she wants to move up here when she graduates.

It'll all play out somehow. In the meantime, YS starts school again this fall and he's got a job to cover his expenses. (Not sure what they are, but he manages to spend his money!)

W still likes her job. OS seems to be doing OK, whenever he calls, but we really don't here from him much. He's working and talking about going back to school, but I'm never sure how serious he is. Just lives for the moment.

You take care Little Girl!

jstx
Hey there! Glad to see that you're still kicking. --z

"A man's character is his fate." -- Heraclitus
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard