I am glad you returned and gave an update. If the cosmetic procedure is what you wanted/needed and it makes you feel better about yourself...then it worked! You are absolutely correct, no matter what you did or didn't do, he would have been angry. He is just angry with himself and his situation.

As for not attending his daughter's birthday party...sounds very typical of a MLCer. Oh, yes, the poor me is playing in the background. Again, very typical and he's hoping that you will say that if he's that unhappy then leave. Don't put him out! If he wants out, he needs to be the one to take himself out that door.

Yes many of them do return to normal...but it takes a very long time. Some return to normal, others return to normal, but retain some of the habits they picked up while circling earth and others remain lost completely. It took my xh just about 23 years to finally admit that he was the one that walked out and destroyed his marriage. He admitted that he had been selfish, etc., and he even apologized for what he had done. I have no idea why, out of the blue, he decided to contact me because we had not been in contact with each other for many years. So, yes, some do wake up. How long will it take your h? Only the man upstairs knows the answer to the question.

You had doing great. You are learning not go dim and not react like you use to his words and actions. I'm proud of you! Keep up the good work!