Hello SF

The key points that W had mentioned in her planner do sound like 50/50. I’ll pass on a few things I learnt and experienced along my journey, such as they are as locales do have differing rules on certain items. I found it comforting to know someone else had gone through this before. Anyhow,

The insurance on your boys is likely mandatory. Children’s rights and protections are usually ensured and are not subject to waiver or negotiation. The kids should automatically remain on your work plan, regardless of martial status. In fact, once I retired, my younger kids’ enrolment on to my retirement insurance was mandatory as well.

Your inheritance should be completely your’s. That is for the dollars in an account. Anything you’ve invested or spent upon martial assets, like house renovations, becomes part of that joint asset.

Checking and savings accounts are allocated according to name on the account, regardless of who actually deposited the funds or the intended purpose of the funds.

With similar incomes and pensions your future finances sound pretty much like what you current have. I’d not balk at an agreement. Financial security is important, and as time goes on, most spouse’s generosity goes too.

Originally Posted by Sunflyer
It seems odd, but I felt a release when she finished talking, rather than more sadness.

Uncertainty does increase one’s anxiety. Knowing, even the unwanted news/information about what W is thinking/planning, lessens the uncertainty of it all. And information is power.

Originally Posted by Sunflyer
I am trusting that you are correct about the bump in the road.

Yes, merely a bump in your road.

Things aren’t done until you say so. You can stand for as long as you like. You can stand down whenever you like. You control you. Where there is love, there is hope. And hope is timeless.

As I said, from someone who has gone before, this is a bump in the road. It will be very life altering. And if you follow DB principles, a most positive life altering.

Hang in there.

D