In terms of knowing she’s going struggle - not your problem.

That may sound harsh, but that’s the truth. I’d even hazard a guess that the nice guy, protective/supportive attitude is probably what led her towards divorce. It’s easy to divorce a supportive nice guy.

She and she alone is making these decisions. It’s not your problem to manage, fix, protect or support her. Why would you support someone who is ripping your family apart?

You really need to get some help on detaching and ignoring your nice guy instincts.

I knew it was going to turn to [censored] for my ex, but they won’t listen. She told me how much better off she was going to be without me while she was deep in her affair. A year later, she got dumped by OM, kicked out of her rental and was sleeping on the floor of her parent’s house. Play silly games, win silly prizes.

Have you read No More Mr Nice Guy?

As for the car, take whatever you can get. Trust me when I say this - you being nice now DOES NOT improve your chances of reconciliation. Fight your instincts.

This is now a business deal. If she’s feeling guilt about her actions and so she’s offering up a better split of assets as a result, run with it and get the best deal for you.

Separation, divorce, how you split money…. None of it means you can’t get back together one day. But for now, you need to protect and prioritise your future which is most likely not going to be with her.

The other thing, is women are attracted to strength. If you stand up to her, take the good car, demand a good deal and don’t try to placate her, she’ll actually respect you more. I know that’s hard to get your head around, but that’s how it works.