Originally Posted by Dats000
Originally Posted by bttrfly
{{{{{Dats}}}}}}

Question: did you read the love languages book?

What are your love languages, primary and secondary?

No this is the first I remember hearing of this book. I have no clue with my love languages are. sounds like I need to add this to my list of books to read. I’m reading three books now so I’m gonna wait till I finish one of them before I start another one
you can take a love languages test online, I believe, which I recommend doing ASAP. I also recommend pushing that book to the top of the pile, because once I realized what my love languages were vs my husband's things became a lot clearer. I'd been showing him my love in a million ways (acts of service and touch) while he needed words of affirmation (not so much) so felt unloved. Didn't save our marriage, but did make communication better when I chose to remember that. Even when he did the bare minimum to help during our son's crisis, if I remembered to give words of affirmation for any effort at all it made the rest of the conversation easier.

Read the book. Take the test online. You will be surprised and a puzzle piece or two made slide into place. You're at a time when it's a new chapter and new patterns are being set. Don't put this learning about this tool off.