Mike,

So, the one year anniversary is coming up....what are you planning to do on that day? I would suggest that you have something planned and make sure it is something that you are going to enjoy doing. Toss the calendar out...you are watching it too closely.

As for temperature checks...leave them at the door. Do not sit there watching and waiting to see if she'll wake up. The old saying "a watched pot never boils" is so very true when it comes to situations such as ours. The best thing you can do is just leave them be and continue moving forward. Standing and moving forward is not sitting there and waiting. You've made a lot of progress and I know that this is frustrating as heck because she treats you like a friend at times.

Also, continue to make changes in your life. The changes have to be for you and must become permanent. If you are making the changes just because of something she has said, it will not work.

You, and only you, will know when you have had enough and want to file. For now, I don't think you are ready to do so. I think you still have a lot of hope and determination to continue standing. Do not allow others to sway you from your path.

Continue moving forward. Live your life to the fullest and enjoy today for it is a present. The future will be revealed when it is ready. No one can change the past. All we can do is learn from the past and continue to move forward.