Dats you're going to weather the storm and life will be much better on the other side.

Regarding property division/payments/custody, I don't know where you live but in most places it is very formula-driven so just get the breakdown of how things will probably turn out if the judge has to get involved and strike a deal on similar terms. Know your rights, knowledge will ease anxiety. No need to try and stick it to your W but don't be a softy either. Any informal impasse on any issue can be addressed by saying "let's just go with whatever the law says". Makes it more matter of fact and objective instead of emotional and subjective. No need to argue.

I feel your pain when you mention your kids living somewhere else half the time, let me tell you if you get the custody arrangement you are entitled to (50/50) it will not be too bad. I have my kids half the week every week, so they are physically at my house 4 days. I almost always see them on a 5th day due to their sports or there being some event or get together involving their friends and parents on a day I don't have them. Sometimes I will swing by a sports practice on a day I don't have them. So you can set things up to where you have them half the time at your house but see them even more, even if it's for just a little while. That can really help. Also you will learn to appreciate some free time to GAL even more.

Hang in there buddy, I know it's hard to see it now but good times await.