Dats000,
Originally Posted by Dats000
Between this forum, meeting with my IC weekly (in this weeks session he said that I motivated him to do a great job for the rest of the day based on my progress), reading my self help books and doing the exercises in the books. I’m OK. Some parts of my days are better for me. Other parts I’m not so good. I’m sleeping good. I have an appetite. I’m exercising. I meditate using the calm app multiple times a week (need to get this to daily). About a month ago I started doing intermittent fasting, tracking my activity, water intake, food I eat and my weight in this app called simple. It’s pretty cool. This book called 6 pillars of self-esteem is helping me a lot. I’m learning for the first time that low self esteem causes anxiety it makes so much sense now. and being aware of your felling and accepting them (doesn’t mean you have to like them) will get rid of a lot of fear. I’m just through a third of the book and looking forward to reading more. I’m getting out of the house the majority of each day of the week with kids activities still doing my photography at their activities which I’m getting better and better
Sounds like you're doing all the right things. You keep all this up and you'll be fine.

I asked him how he was doing and he said fine. A friend of mine told me fine meant feelings inside not expressed.
Smart friend. I'd never heard it put that way, but very astute.

He’s gotta have questions in his head.
For sure.

In less than two months, he’s gonna start living somewhere else half the time. He’s only lived in this house in one bedroom, in one bed his whole life.
Keep the house if you can - provides some stability and continuity for the kids, plus you'll be the default "home base" and they'll "go to mommy's".

She said she only invited these two friends because their parents are divorced too. I thought to myself wow.
Wow indeed.

Hang in there Dats000. You're going to make it through this.