Not in the topic of weather or dating or sports……

D was with her father this weekend. I did have plans for Saturday night, which were cancelled for obvious reasons. D came home from school on Friday and said her stomach has been hurting since that morning. Not a GI issue she says. She had a babysitting job soon and it was too late to cancel and she said she would go. I dropped her off and her dad picked her up. I checked in like every half hour . She was in pain, but she said she was fine.

I asked again yesterday morning and she said it’s still there. No GI issue, able to eat, but position changes and heating pads were the only relief.

Now, yes it was hers dads weekend, but he was going to Long Island at 3 pm and staying to watch the game. Of course I have this strong feeling his mistress was there as well, but whatever. D was home with her grandmother and stepmother.

She texts me at 4:30 and says the pain is still really bad. At this point I tell her I am coming to get her and brining her to the ER. She’s fine thank god, but the 2 concerns for were for ovarian cyst or appendicitis.which I knew and that’s why I brought her. After 6 hours and US and a a CT scan it is an ovarian cyst. Thank god it wasn’t appendicitis.

She says to me in the car on the way home “ is it sad that dad didn’t come?” I explained that he was drinking so it wouldn’t be a good idea to drive and I’m sure if I told him he needed to come he would. I hate that she has to think that way.

I hate that she questions if he could rely on him. She knows no matter where I was I would be there. Never a question in that. It is sad that she craves more time with him and when it is his time, he makes other plans. It’s not a big deal when I do it , because she sees me all the time . But I think when he does it , it makes her sad.

Good news is she’s not in as much pain as yesterday, the IV toradol helped and she left to see her cousins cheer competition which were her plans today she didn’t want to miss. Her dad didn’t “want to go” so she went with her grandma.

I’m so happy her grandmother got well and moved back to NJ. They have a really special bond. D actually did her makeup and hair yesterday and made her look 20 years younger. She looked fantastic! She does look good for her age. She loves spending time with her and I’m happy she got to have that.

Anyways, how about them giants? We watched from the hospital room. Yikes, that was awful