Originally Posted by BL42
br4nd0

Your W isn't thinking of leaving because you don't do enough dishes, and all of a sudden cozying up to her family and watching to see how she reacts comes off as disingenuous and is a form of pressure on her. Right now you're acting out of fear that any little thing you do wrong might be the final nail, but you can't live the rest of your life walking on eggshells and attempting to be perfect. Like the others said do what's right and do your fair share...but do not become a man running around to grant her every whim. Not only is it unsustainable but it's also unattractive.

Quick story. If you see my timeline in my signature you will see that BD happened for me the day before Christmas Eve. This meant that we had several days full of extended family events to attend over the next several days.

Brandon, not sure if you are a religious man, but I believe God's providence had a lot to do with the outcome in my situation. At Bible Class Sunday morning (this was 12/24, the day after BD) the teacher talked about how spouses needed to stick out the tough times. Too many spouses when things got rough took the highway, instead of digging in (like their vows said) and working through it. Then we had Christmas Eve at my side and my parents gave all of the married couples gift cards to restaurants and free babysitting for a "date night".

But the biggest one, later that week we got together with her side. As we were leaving her grandmother pulled me in to hug me and said she admired the man I was, that I took care of my family, and that she would be praying for me. My wife was standing right there and heard every word.

Here is the key Brandon, I hadn't done anything different. Don't become someone you aren't to impress her. Like BL says it is not sustainable, plus she will see right through it. Almost all of us have heard the words "Its too little too late." or "You are only doing this to get me to stay."

Become the best VERSION of YOU, don't become someone you aren't.