Thank you for the kind words Mach, and you as well, BL. Valentine’s Day is fine for me, New Years is rough, so I usually work New Year’s Day, get my time and a half, and use it as an excuse to go to bed early. Sad, I know. This year it’s on a weekend. I’m not working New Year’s Day, but I did get invited to a party. We shall see if I decide to go .

Interesting weekend. I worked yesterday at my old job. I got to work with people I like and it wasn’t busy. There was this new hospice nurse who was covering and sitting with us . She told her her “story” ( people love to tell me their life story” a week before her 50th birthday this summer, her husband left her for a 32 year old. Together 18 years. He cheated 9 years ago. She gave him another chance. They never had kids. You could tell she’s still going through the “WTF”? I felt for her and shared a small part of my story that showed I understood. I try not to get all about myself when someone is talking about their problems.

I then met my single friend for a drink after work. She’s 60, but young at heart, for sure. She’s been through it all too. The guy she “sees” for years ditched her today. She had a family memeber who works for the jets get tickets to todays game for him. He ditched last minute. So she invited me. We tailgated and had a BLAST. Seats were lower level but covered, so we didn’t get rained on. Jets won. And we went to a bar in the stadium at the half. Long story I will keep short. Every where we go, she knows someone . She ran into her cousins ex BF( this cousins current husband got us the tickets) she asked me to sneak a picture of him, but I wasn’t very sneaky apparently. ( they had been talking at the bar) he was with his boys, who are all law enforcement. One guy saw wheat I did and called me out and we all ended up talking. And this one guy, very cute. Apparently found me very cute as well. He managed to get my number. I do realize, when I do go out, I do meet men. I just don’t go out that much , lol. For work, maybe, but not with single friends. It was actually flattering. Maybe he will ask me out. He did use my number and text me already.

My friend has taste in unavailable men like I do. She also gets really depressed around the holidays too. We are a good support for eachother and just get it

I can’t see myself back on dating apps. They were seriously soul crushing for me. Degrading almost. I’d rather do more activities and meet people organically. The world is open again. Join some clubs for activities that enjoy.

I still talk to hockey guy. We haven’t seen eachother. His schedule has been quite booked solid. He remains interested, but I know it’s only to a point. ( and I’m not talking only sex, but definitely not relationship). I have hard questions I need to ask myself. I think it is important that someone I date is someone that eventually will include me in other areas in his life. I don’t think that’s going to happen here and if it does, it won’t be for a long time.

But I don’t have to make any decisions about anything now. I honestly hope this guy I met will ask me out. I nee