Originally Posted by Mach40
Originally Posted by bttrfly
Originally Posted by Mach40
I dont think anyone after a major breakup will be 100%.
I'm not exactly sure what I think about this statement.
In some ways - most ways - I'm a much better version of the person I was before BD.

What does 100% mean?
What it means is, no matter how well adjusted, counseled, and detached you are from ex, there will always be something that makes you reflect on him/her.. Something is always there to remind you of them. It could be minor, or it could be something heavy that drags out your entire life.
But, when you are with a new person, there will be something on your mind of your ex in some way, whether it bothers you or not is one thing.
But, you will never be like you were when you first got married, 100% happy with your spouse.
Its just an opinion.

Having been there, in a long term relationship after my Divorce...

There are still fleeting moments where I miss the connection with my ex-spouse. I mean hell, we have a history together, including bring two lives into this world. To NOT miss that would be a dis-honor to their lives. To NOT acknowledge that is a dis-honor to them.

I miss moments with my Ex, not the life.

Yet those times are , like I said, fleeting, and they wash over and through me and are gone....

If you still carry that baggage of missing your Ex through your life, then it's prolly not a good idea to drag anyone else into that.

And yes, you can be 100% happy in a relationship and still have those moments of missing your Ex. It's kind of like asking someone to choose which child they love the most (assuming they have one, or more than one). For me, it's not possible to make that choice.

If it's open enough, the heart is capable of amazing feats.....