Originally Posted by Mach40
I do now. I feel my ex is desperately trying to find security in her future. She was a survivor when I first met her as she was struggling to get out of her parents home, even though she was working full time..
Just keep reminding yourself that this isn't your issue. My own xW bragged to her friends about how much money her OM had as a small business owner who had just gotten a windfall from his wife's death from cancer.

Nearly 7 years later they're living modestly about 10 minutes away well subsidized by my alimony payments (16 more to go). I have no idea what their situation is, but they are both driving 10 year old + vehicles and the trips to tropical destinations she used to insist on aren't happening to the best of my (rather limited) knowledge.

The only big trip they went on was when my xW drained 1/2 of our savings account while we were still married but separated. It was also when she was outed as a cheating spouse as her secret got out on social media from people they met.

A big part of detachment is severing the link / dropping the rope between your future and her's. She's made her choices and has gone on her own path that has nothing to do with you. You need to find your own path. The place to get to is when she is just someone you used to know. It's a tough journey I assure you, but worth it.