Originally Posted by Traveler
Ready2Change, you don't write as much about yourself. What's your ideal GAL? Maybe one of our personal GAL ideas will inspire Doug to try something new and exciting!
I was a little different when I arrived here in the fact that I was GAL already. I had to shift away from some of the solo activities to be more social activities. I am never bored.

Photography is my main hobby that ties into all the others. Can do it almost anytime or anywhere. I can take photos alone and ranging up to fully interacting with and photographing people at a wedding. Taking photos, processing, printing are all enjoyable.

Outdoors-Biking,hunting,fishing,hiking,camping,target shooting, archery. Typically go out for 10 day's on horseback archery hunting at the end of sept. Could easily leave the bow and just focus on the camera work.

While I was going through the divorce process and it was not my parenting time, I would frequently do dinners out alone. Interact with the staff. Movies alone. I would review the entertainment section of the paper and find live music to go check out. I avoided drinking alcohol, but would visit several of the local bars on my motorcycle. Play pool or sit by the fire drinking water.

I typically make it a point to meet new people when I go out.(180 from the old me). Pretty much ask a couple questions and listen for the rest of the night.

I believe we all need a balance between solo and social GAL. Balance between home and away.

If you have recently been leaning left, start leaning a little farther right for a bit. IE if you have been focused on your home life and one woman, get out their and just enjoy interacting with the ladies. Keep your boundaries. Can't beat putting smiles on several ladies throughout the day.

New friends and dinner parties. Theme nights---pasta thowdown...everyone makes their favorite pasta dish.

There are guided bike rides down pikes peak highway...It has been a minute, but I would go down Barr trail. 14 miles.

Scuba-diving anytime I get near the ocean.

Astronomy- never ending things to see in the sky...check out your local club.

Aquariums- Start up a saltwater reef tank...so much to enjoy. Check out the local club as well.

Chess - online or in person.

Start a garden, or some herbs in the window.

Rebuild an engine or transmission or do some body work on a classic car.

A little off the top of my head....