Originally Posted by Ginger1
Believe it or not, he went out of his way to see me on our last date. He was super excited, and it was a great day. We both said it. That was too much reality I think .
I don't doubt it at all. You're a catch.

This has nothing to do with you, you both know that.

This is why it infuriates me when people on this board keep encouraging those who are freshly single to get on OLD sites and put themselves out there. To me, advice like that has an unspoken message: "who cares man, if someone gets hurt? You're both adults. you're gonna get some, you're gonna get back out there. Yeah, go man, good for you! If it doesn't work out, who cares? You're here to get back in the game, man!"

What a bunch of absolute Bull, and this is a prime example of why. The selfishness and short-sightedness of that advice leads to a situation where one or both parties get hurt because the person who is freshly single simply isn't ready yet.

What's the short-cut? Going into the pain and fear of being alone, working on your $h!t and coming out the other side stronger, a better person, able to be a better partner. I applaud him for taking the time now to do so. I'm sad that you, G, are in this situation. If it's meant to be, it will be, when it's supposed to be.

Don't bother flaming me for posting this viewpoint, fellow readers. No one is going to change my mind about it, and I've got a full day of putting my life together after a near death experience this weekend, so I'm not going to be here to read about it or waste my precious time responding to it.

G, love you girl. You're the one who knows this guy. Any other comments about him, his personality, his motivations, are speculation, including my own.