Originally Posted by Traveler
I'm getting that! I strive to enjoy a thing for what it is--3 good months, a bad week/weekend where we discovered we may not be soul mates, and now the wait for her to leave. It's why I can enjoy a first date where there is no second and look back fondly on it. I hope you and Texan go far, but I hope even if you don't, the moments you shared remain precious.

How are you able to separate ^^^^ with

Originally Posted by Traveler
my dating criteria is "compassionate, loyal, attractive, emotionally stable, seeking a life partner, and common interests",

Has your criteria changed? Why are you not moving forward looking for what your heart desires?

For me - I think this is where my confusion comes in. As someone who has only dated looking for a life partner... I don't tend to waste time "having fun" with someone that has an expiration date. No judgement but how can I be open to finding my true partner when I'm putting energy into a dead relationship?

Sticking around K is serving a purpose for you. What is it? And is it more valuable to finding a stable loving relationship? Where you put your time and effort is where you will see the change. The decision is up to you.