Good Morning Stella

I’m glad to hear you are doing well at work. Health insurance, pleasant coworkers, very nice.

H’s visit is a somewhat temperature check. He use the guise of getting tax documents signed to get in and wander about; both the house and his old life. These troubled folks are running from and keep tabs on their old life. H is a jumble of emotions.

It’s interesting to consider why H wanted to visit. He could have meet you at a restaurant to get papers signs. I’d hazard he actually didn’t know what outcome he was looking for. He came looking for a fight, a hug, a cold shoulder, whatever. You can imagine his reaction if you had lashed out at him.

You did well. Kept it kind and cordial. That limited his arena. So he looked about, played with the cats, hugged you, and left. In the end, divorce is two months away. H knows this, and yes as it becomes more and more real the pressure is going to build upon him. As temp checks go, this was pretty minor and not too button pushing.

Your lawyer has a solid plan and you are listen to him. Very good. Keep this part all business.

Originally Posted by Stella20
I don't know if I will ever be able to let another man close to me. And it would not be fair to someone for me to even try with at this point.

The business side can be done rather quickly. The emotional healing takes longer. (((Hug)))

Maintain the delay in responding to communication from H. Embrace your work day. Enjoy your pool and backyard. Focus on you. And keep moving forward. You so got this.

D