Good Morning Eagle

Well said. It’s always helped me to get stuff out of my system as well. To say it aloud here as it were. Makes it more real, being heard by those who understand.

You are a fine example for those who will follow.

Originally Posted by Eagle3
…think of yourself first! What do you want? What makes it possible to feel the pain as little as possible?

Yes. LBS, especially the new ones, you are the most important person in your process. Everyone needs to feel their pain, and hopefully can heed some advice to not prolong it.

…focus on yourself, and definitely on your children, for it is they who need you very much through this process. If even we don't understand what is happening, what impact does this have on them, to see 1 of their parents change like this.

This situation is very hard on children. MLCers usually become terrible parents. Have faith, one strong stable parent is enough. Be their rock, their role model; as you have been.

Yes, it is a very long and difficult road that we must travel, a tunnel which is involuntarily created for us and there is no way around it, we unfortunately have to go through it as well, but know that there is light at the end of this tunnel. And that end is in sight when one learns to let it go in full.

Everyone has their own pace for this and each need to find [their] way how to come to this phase.

That is a great truth of the journey of the LBS.

We have a road to travel, as much as our spouse does. We all find our way, in our time. How clearly and quickly we see the light at the end of the tunnel depends upon lots of factors.

Everyone needs a certain amount of understanding, of rationalizing, to let go. Letting go in full, requires understanding and compassion and empathy and forgiving. To see clearly and be able to step away in a loving manner.

Some info I wanted to get out of my system on a beautiful Sunday.
Maybe it can be of help to anybody here, knowing you are not alone.

I am proud of you Eagle, and how you have walked your path.

You story and wisdom is a comfort to many people. And yes, knowing one is not alone in their journey is value beyond measure.

Welcome to the next stage. To the next chapter of your life. The future is still unknown and unwritten, however you have the pen firmly within your hand. Write big and bold. Write from your soul. Live great!

It is a beautiful sunny Sunday here as well, and I absolutely enjoyed reading your update.

D