Originally Posted by Dink
Front what I can understand from her, it’s the past when I was so distant and emotionally available that she struggles with and can’t seem to get past and has been causing he mental health to be so bad and she can’t get pass it. The last 5 years she I couldn’t have taken better care of her and no one could have did a better job. I have been the best in the past 5 years it has nothing to do with the last 5 years . She says I just can’t seem to make myself whole again after all the pain from those previous years where I wasn’t really available for her.

Her words mean nothing. WAS will rewrite history and provide justifications for their actions that are convenient to them. There is a good possibility that this may be the reason but again there is a good possibility it is not. Even if this was the case, 5 years is a long time to act on it unless there are other factors that reopened old wounds.

Whatever the case, this is in the past and cannot be changed now. Don't focus on her reasons. If there is something you can do to change and become a better person, focus on that instead.