My best new discovery is my local Buy Nothing group on FB. It's a great way to find appropriate homes for things that you no longer need but that aren't items that are really appropriate for the goodwill. (Example - half a case of Ensure). It would also be a great way for someone of limited means to find furniture, household items etc. for free. (Note: It would be really DANGEROUS for hoarders or shopaholics though!) I have several items I will be giving away this weekend. Every time I get more stuff out of my house I feel lighter. Wish I could just take a month off and devote my self to working on my house and on various errands! Still I'm chipping away most weekends at my long to do list. We Americans have SO much excess stuff, especially here in the suburbs.

When I started by purging my closet at the start of the pandemic, it really put me into a mindset. I think the grand total of new purchases I've made since (besides books, cleaning tools and things that get used up) were one pair of running shoes, one blouse, some running shorts and leggings on a screaming Costco deal, and some undies. I look at every new purchase as potential clutter and try to get rid of at least an equivalent amount of stuff if I buy something.

My sister is involved in doing the same at her home in another state. Every load of stuff that leaves the house leaves us feeling a little lighter. And with every nook or cranny that gets purged and organized, I feel a little lighter emotionally too. Next up is the rest of my garage. But this weekend I'm not sure I'll get any purging done, tentative plans to drive up to see my youngest son, and maybe middle son on the same trip.

What do YOU need to let go of - mentally or physical stuff?